The Student Room Group

holidays before GCSEs - what to do

I’m supposed to be going away with my family during the Easter holidays (6 weeks before my GCSEs begin). When I’m away, my school are running study support sessions and I really want to go but will have to miss them. What should I do? Any advice would be appreciated, I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation 😬
Original post by ejhhh
I’m supposed to be going away with my family during the Easter holidays (6 weeks before my GCSEs begin). When I’m away, my school are running study support sessions and I really want to go but will have to miss them. What should I do? Any advice would be appreciated, I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation 😬

You need to ask your parents what an earth they were thinking, booking a family holiday at such a ridiculous time. The Easter before GCSEs (and before A levels) is a key revision period.

Would I be right in assuming that your parents are not really "invested" in your education, and just let you get on with it?

Three questions:
1. For how long will you be away?
2. Will it be practical to study / revise at all whilst you're away?
3. Have you asked your school whether they'll be repeating those study support sessions at a later date?

Quick Reply

Latest