The Student Room Group

Vehicle Reportedly Driven into Pedestrians in Stockholm

Scroll to see replies

I'm not saying it was a Muslim...

And where are the calls for a ban on automobiles, clearly the licence to drive and compulsory registration of call vehicles isn't enough to stop this senseless violence!
Original post by Trapz99
Stuff like this is becoming way too common now
And I bet all that's going to happen is
1) Lankmarks light up in the colours of the Swedish flag
2) Some stupid hashtag like #jesuisstockholm
3) We get told by leaders that we are more united than ever, these terrorists can't do anything
4) The West continues to take in thousands of refugees
5) Next attack happens

what's the alternative? would you rather everyone got into a massive fight over it instead?
Original post by richpanda
I'd go even further and say that those who supported Brexit have blood on their hands after this attack, seeing as they fuelled the Islamophobia that drove this otherwise sane man to commit this vehicle attack!

Bloody hilarious!!!! Voting for brexit does not mean 52% of the country have blood on their hands. And it certainly doesn't affect Sweden!!
Original post by Sammylou40
Bloody hilarious!!!! Voting for brexit does not mean 52% of the country have blood on their hands. And it certainly doesn't affect Sweden!!

The sarcasm flew over your head:biggrin: it's sad that what I said could actually even be considered to be someone speaking seriously, but these days especially on TSR you will find some who actually seriously mean what I said.
Original post by richpanda
The sarcasm flew over your head:biggrin: it's sad that what I said could actually even be considered to be someone speaking seriously, but these days especially on TSR you will find some who actually seriously mean what I said.

You're right! Your comment is commonplace on tsr. Because I'm old, next time can I have an emoticon as a clue please?

:blush:
Original post by Trapz99
Stuff like this is becoming way too common now
And I bet all that's going to happen is
1) Lankmarks light up in the colours of the Swedish flag
2) Some stupid hashtag like #jesuisstockholm
3) We get told by leaders that we are more united than ever, these terrorists can't do anything
4) The West continues to take in thousands of refugees
5) Next attack happens

Original post by Jammy Duel

do you think blaming the left and muslims helps too?
Original post by NigelFarridge
do you think blaming the left and muslims helps too?

So when it turns out to be a Muslim that was there because the left insists on flooding europe with "refugees" it is not their fault? No, it cannot possibly be their fault they want to kill infidels, and definitely not the fault of the one holding open the door.
Original post by Sammylou40
You're right! Your comment is commonplace on tsr. Because I'm old, next time can I have an emoticon as a clue please?

:blush:

I'm not sure I know of an emoticon that can express sarcasm!
Original post by Jammy Duel
So when it turns out to be a Muslim that was there because the left insists on flooding europe with "refugees" it is not their fault?

It's not their fault because they're just 'calling for it'. No liberalist has had any power in controlling a country's stance towards the migrant crisis. Angela Merkel, widely criticised for 'opening the flood gates' is right wing. Our own government, which decided to take some 20,000 refugees, is right wing.
Okay, how was the guy in the attack EVER a Muslim?

Nobody has any evidence yet!
A winky face would do!!!
Original post by NickLCFC
If "weird" is standing up for vulnerable minorities in the face of mainstream hatred and bigotry, then I have no problem with being weird.

lmfao what backlash ? has any muslim been murdered because of the London bridge attack ?? no, exactly. why r u acting as if it's irrational to feel animosity to a community who time after time are causing these disgusting acts of violence ?? but sure, u keep pretending it's the muslims who r the victims even though its the non muslims who are lying butchered and bloodied in the street. ppl like u who pretend to white knight for muslims for rep while knowing full well that they're murdering non Muslims by the truckload, are a disgrace to humanity.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ClearSky
Okay, how was the guy in the attack EVER a Muslim?

Nobody has any evidence yet!

Let's face it, it's a Muslim
Hm, it's almost as if yelling "Religion of peace strikes again!" or saying "Mohammed was a pedo!" is not preventing these sorts of things :/

Then again, pretending that every Muslim terrorist is either suffering from mental problems or not a proper Muslim isn't preventing many Muslim terror attacks,is it?
Original post by joe cooley
Then again, pretending that every Muslim terrorist is either suffering from mental problems or not a proper Muslim isn't preventing many Muslim terror attacks,is it?

i think anyone who wants to go and kill people is suffering from some kind of psychological issue, just because a 1500 year old book says people should be killed, it isn't forcing them to do so, its a psychotic reaction to want to go and murder innocent people
Original post by NickLCFC
Hateful Islamophobic rhetoric is fundamentally what causes these attacks in the first place. Muslims in the West are alienated by divisive figures like Nigel Farage and UKIP and many turn to extremism as a result. Unfortunately the people spouting this hatred don't realise that this is exactly what groups like ISIS want.

So, if hateful Islamophobic rhetoric causes these attacks...

Why are Muslims always keen to slaughter each other in their own Islamic countries?
very sad news, vehicle collisions with pedestrians or other cars kills 40,000 in the US alone every year

Where did you get 40,000 from?

This suggest 6,000 and a lot is to do with people being distracted by smartphones. Notwithstanding the Swedish attack is linked to terrorism.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/30/pedestrian-deaths-increase-cellphones-study
Just how many deaths are the elites of Europe willing to accept as a price worth paying for their sick fantasy of a multicultural Europe?
Original post by joe cooley
So, if hateful Islamophobic rhetoric causes these attacks...

Why are Muslims always keen to slaughter each other in their own Islamic countries?

Shia/Sunni rivalry, a 1400-year-old divide in Islam, in which conflict between the two divides is still present today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending