The Student Room Group

Dundee vs Stirling

I am trying to narrow down what universities to apply to so I am wonerding if either university has a better nightlife? I also like green so does either university have a better community of smokers?
Original post by Visualsuburbia
I am trying to narrow down what universities to apply to so I am wonerding if either university has a better nightlife? I also like green so does either university have a better community of smokers?

Please don't pick your uni based on nightlife and the number of smokers! You are paying quite a bit for an education! Pick based on course structure and which uni is best for what you want to study and do later. In terms of smokers, there's now a big drive towards unis having a no smoking campus so there may not be a smoking community. Lots of people vape as well. Uni accommodation will also not allow smoking. Unis tend to have smoking areas of shelters off or around campus.
TSR connect is a good place to look for people at your unis.
Original post by alleycat393
Please don't pick your uni based on nightlife and the number of smokers! You are paying quite a bit for an education! Pick based on course structure and which uni is best for what you want to study and do later. In terms of smokers, there's now a big drive towards unis having a no smoking campus so there may not be a smoking community. Lots of people vape as well. Uni accommodation will also not allow smoking. Unis tend to have smoking areas of shelters off or around campus.
TSR connect is a good place to look for people at your unis.

I'm not paying for education? But I've looked into the education side and that's why I narrowed it down to those two uni. But nightlife is very important so I enjoy university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending