The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Urgent! Need deadlines for sending English language exam results

Hello. I recieved a conditional offer from Loughborough, which has academic and English language requirements. I will take an IELTS test at some point, but I'm not sure which date I should sign up for.
The date most convenient for me would give me the results somewhere between the 1st and 10th of August. Would sending results at that point be too late, considering my course starts on the 1st of September?
Original post by Deadswifi
Hello. I recieved a conditional offer from Loughborough, which has academic and English language requirements. I will take an IELTS test at some point, but I'm not sure which date I should sign up for.
The date most convenient for me would give me the results somewhere between the 1st and 10th of August. Would sending results at that point be too late, considering my course starts on the 1st of September?

Hi Deadswifi

We need to have your results by the 31st August - after that is too late. So you'll need to find out how long it'll take for your results to come through and if it's before then, it's not a problem taking it between the dates you want.

Also, just for your info, the start date on UCAS track is the start of the academic year across the UK - not the start date of your course (I know it's confusing)
Term starts here on 2nd October and freshers week will be the week before this.

Hope that makes sense :smile:
Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
That's great, thanks! I've been looking all over for that date.
On a side note, I really didn't know about this academic year business. I read somewhere that I can't arrive in the UK (I'm from EU) more than 2 weeks prior to starting my course, or so I think... Would I have any trouble If I arrive on, say, first week of september? Or am I making all this up :biggrin:
That's great, thanks! I've been looking all over for that date.
On a side note, I really didn't know about this academic year business. I read somewhere that I can't arrive in the UK (I'm from EU) more than 2 weeks prior to starting my course, or so I think... Would I have any trouble If I arrive on, say, first week of september? Or am I making all this up :biggrin:

Hi Deadswifi

You're not the only person to ask about start dates, but every uni is in the same position - it's not very clear. Because you're from the EU and don't require a visa to study, there's no restrictions on when you can arrive.

However, you wouldn't be able to get in to your accommodation until the last week in September so you'd have to find alternative accommodation.

I think the 2 week restriction only applies to international students who need a visa to study here.

Hope that helps :smile:

Vicky
Reply 4
You've been of great help indeed. Many thanks again :smile:
You've been of great help indeed. Many thanks again :smile:

No problem - glad to help :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending