The Student Room Group

IELTS

For 2023 entry, can I submit my Ielts result in early/mid August? Will it be too late? I will get my public examination result in late July

Scroll to see replies

It’s not too late but it doesn’t leave long to sort out your visa. Have you checked out the waiting times for UKVI to issue visas in your country?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It’s not too late but it doesn’t leave long to sort out your visa. Have you checked out the waiting times for UKVI to issue visas in your country?

I took the Ielts exam in early July and I get a 7. However, I cannot meet the offer requirement. I think I can still use this result to apply for visa.

Is everything okay if I have the new Ielts result before Alevel result release?
Original post by Tmntmn
I took the Ielts exam in early July and I get a 7. However, I cannot meet the offer requirement. I think I can still use this result to apply for visa.

Your offer email should state the deadline for meeting your offer conditions. As above, the main issue will be sorting out any admin relating to your CAS and visa. Have you checked visa processing timescales?
Original post by Tmntmn

Your university will only issue a CAS when your offer is unconditional. So you need to meet your offer conditions before you can start applying for your visa.
Reply 5
Original post by Tmntmn

If you do not meet your required score for getting in, I have tried this crash course which is for 5-10 days and it increased my score from 6.5 to 8 band as the course was tailor made and focused mainly on my weak links that were speaking and writing and even the batch sizes were small that ensured more personalized attention. You can register for it quickly, give your IELTS exam and submit it before the deadline.
Reply 6
Original post by Utkarsh22
If you do not meet your required score for getting in, I have tried this crash course which is for 5-10 days and it increased my score from 6.5 to 8 band as the course was tailor made and focused mainly on my weak links that were speaking and writing and even the batch sizes were small that ensured more personalized attention. You can register for it quickly, give your IELTS exam and submit it before the deadline.

The problem isn’t the IELTS results but the fact that they won’t have received the A level results until late August so that they can’t apply for a visa with the IELTS certificate exaucé the offer isn’t unconditional yet.
Reply 7
The university has asked me to do the Duolingo test, but I think the format is not for me. ( took the Duolingo test already, result pending)
It is ok for me to book ielts again but my English requirement deadline is on 31 July? I will get my Ielts by 1 August. It means I will have my result 2 days later than the required deadline.
Reply 8
If I am rejected by the uni, can I apply the same uni again through clearing?
Original post by Tmntmn
If I am rejected by the uni, can I apply the same uni again through clearing?

Ielts requirements will not be reduced in clearing.
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
Ielts requirements will not be reduced in clearing.

I know, but I will retake ielts.
Original post by Tmntmn

You can apply for anything in clearing so long as you meet the requirements and the course is open to applications.
Reply 12
Original post by Admit-One
You can apply for anything in clearing so long as you meet the requirements and the course is open to applications.

Even if it is my firm choice?
They will still have interview in clearing?
The University might not offer you your first choice of course if you do not meet your choices academically but offer you a place on another, similar course. Otherwise, if you do not meet the requirements you are welcome to choose another course and university through Clearing that you do meet the requirements of. Have you looked at any as a back up plan?
Original post by Tmntmn
Even if it is my firm choice?
They will still have interview in clearing?

If you don't meet the academic requirements of the offer then there is a possibility that the uni will still accept you as a 'near miss'. You wouldn't need to use clearing.

You won't be rejected on results day for not meeting the English requirement. There should be a deadline date in your offer email to confirm when those results need to be provided by.

Most courses don't interview at all. If you are an offer holder, I would presume you've already been interviewed if the course does so.
Original post by Tmntmn

then you wouldn’t use clearing. Just make sure they’re aware of when you’ll be taking your ielts and they’ll wait until you have your results before making a decision on your application
Reply 16
Original post by PQ
then you wouldn’t use clearing. Just make sure they’re aware of when you’ll be taking your ielts and they’ll wait until you have your results before making a decision on your application

But the deadline is on 31 July for English requirements
Reply 17
If you don't meet the academic requirements of the offer then there is a possibility that the uni will still accept you as a 'near miss'. You wouldn't need to use clearing.

You won't be rejected on results day for not meeting the English requirement. There should be a deadline date in your offer email to confirm when those results need to be provided by.

Most courses don't interview at all. If you are an offer holder, I would presume you've already been interviewed if the course does so.

The uni suggested me to take duolingo, but I still fail duolingo. The deadline is on 31 July
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Tmntmn
The uni suggested me to take duolingo, but I still fail duolingo. The deadline is on 31 July

In that case you might need to look at alternative options via clearing. As above, the English requirements for that uni won't change.
Reply 19
In that case you might need to look at alternative options via clearing. As above, the English requirements for that uni won't change.

But I will retake Ielts? Is that okay for me to reapply that uni if I meet the requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending