The Student Room Group

IELTS and TOEFL on UCAS

Hello! Thank you so much for opening this; it's kind of urgent :frown:
I'm working on my UCAS application right now, and I have until October 16th to submit it. However, I'm a bit stuck about submitting my IELTS and TOEFL score. I took both this July, but haven't sent any score reports. I have 3 questions:
1) Do I need to send the score reports right now to all of my universities directly?
2) Can I just record the test report form number on UCAS and not do anything else?
3) Is it bad that I haven't sent my score reports yet? Do they need to reach my universities by the deadline?
Thank you so much for your help!!!!
Reply 1
You dont have to have taken IELTS etc, or received the results, before you apply.

Any offer you receive will include that Uni's standard English Language requirement, and you would have until June/July to get the grades to meet this, including resitting it if you needed to.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
You dont have to have taken IELTS etc, or received the results, before you apply.

Any offer you receive will include that Uni's standard English Language requirement, and you would have until June/July to get the grades to meet this, including resitting it if you needed to.

Ahhh thank you sooo much!! However, if I already took both the IELTS and TOEFL, then I would need to report those scores on UCAS right?
Thank you so so so much for your help and I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me with this follow-up question :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by miho_suesue
Ahhh thank you sooo much!! However, if I already took both the IELTS and TOEFL, then I would need to report those scores on UCAS right?
Thank you so so so much for your help and I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me with this follow-up question :smile:

Yes, you can add them to UCAS.
If either of the tests meet the unis requirements, just input the score report reference number on the application.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Yes, you can add them to UCAS.

Thank you soooo much!!
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
If either of the tests meet the unis requirements, just input the score report reference number on the application.

Ohhh okay! I don't need to send the score reports to the universities separately, right?
Thank you so so much for your help, I was in a total panic:smile:
Original post by miho_suesue
Ohhh okay! I don't need to send the score reports to the universities separately, right?
Thank you so so much for your help, I was in a total panic:smile:

No, they will need to verify the results online in any case, so the ref number is the only useful bit on the score report :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
No, they will need to verify the results online in any case, so the ref number is the only useful bit on the score report :smile:

Ahh sorry for late response, thank you so so so much you've helped me very much!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending