The Student Room Group

UCAT

if I apply this year by November for medicine and do the ucat by June 2024 can I still get into a university of medicine
No, you take the UCAT before applying, unis use this admissions test (along with other factors) to shortlist candidates for interview
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Zawarsoooo
if I apply this year by November for medicine and do the ucat by June 2024 can I still get into a university of medicine

If you want medicine for September 2024 entry:
You have to have done the UCAT, and submit your personal statement by 16 October 2023 for 2024 entry at 18:00 (UK time)
Reply 3

No. If you do the UCAT in 2024, it's only eligible for the 2025 admission. Btw, if you're submitting your application for 2024 entry, the deadline is the 15/16th of October, not November.
Reply 4
Original post by toothysmile
No, you take the UCAT before applying, unis use this admissions test (along with other factors) to shortlist candidates for interview

Would they allow it because of some sort of valid reason i could maybe tell ucat to send results to my uni early because of “unforeseen circumstances”
Reply 5
Would they allow it because of some sort of valid reason i could maybe tell ucat to send results to my uni early because of “unforeseen circumstances”

Not sure I follow this.

All applications via UCAS for medicine which require the UCAT need the UCAT to be sat before you submit your application. The result of your UCAT is sent directly to your applied to med schools after the UCAS deadline.

The deadline for UCAS is 16 October 2023 for 2024 entry at 18:00 (UK time).

You will need to have sat the UCAT by 28 sept 2023 latest.

You cannot apply via clearing/extra in 2024 without a UCAT score from this summer.

All of the above relates to my understanding of UCAS applications. Some international students may wish to apply to places like Brunel or Buckingham direct as well. You will need to read up on thier application deadlines and selection processes on their websites. Buckingham opens applications on 1st Oct for Jan 2025 start for example.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 6
Hi, I just feel very lost and would appreciate any advice. 🙂
I'm a y13 student wishing to apply to medicine and I just need some suggestions for where to apply giving my UCAT score.
My stats:
9999998876 (7 in art and 6 in geography)
*got 5 at English Language first time as the exam was 2 days after the loss of my grandpa, with a resit I managed to bring it up to an 8*
A*AA predicted, will try to bring the A in chemistry to an A*
UCAT 2500 B1 ☹️, tbh I feel destroyed, never ever got that score in my practice and I was averaging 2900
WP/contextual

I was thinking about Keele, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, Aston.
Thx for the help
Reply 7
Original post by Mell111
Hi, I just feel very lost and would appreciate any advice. 🙂
I'm a y13 student wishing to apply to medicine and I just need some suggestions for where to apply giving my UCAT score.
My stats:
9999998876 (7 in art and 6 in geography)
*got 5 at English Language first time as the exam was 2 days after the loss of my grandpa, with a resit I managed to bring it up to an 8*
A*AA predicted, will try to bring the A in chemistry to an A*
UCAT 2500 B1 ☹️, tbh I feel destroyed, never ever got that score in my practice and I was averaging 2900
WP/contextual

I was thinking about Keele, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, Aston.
Thx for the help

There is a proper thread for "which med school" enquiries and it is against TSR rules to double (or triple, or more) post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending