The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1
maths and not till at least late february, you're in for a long wait if you've just applied (it is worth it though! :biggrin:)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Beginning of December, for Modern Languages (German).

And yes, it is well worth the wait. Wouldn't be anywhere else!
Reply 3
St Andrews are quite slow at giving out offers. I sent my application off in late September and had the offer through towards the middle of November but I don't think end of January is uncommon. Couldn't agree more that it is worth the wait.
If you get rejected, do you get a rejection letter? :redface:
No - on your ucas it just says DECLINES. in big letters too. But not, not cruel enough to send rejection letters.
ooh...harsh. To think, I could have that right now...won't know til I get my track number, of course :rolleyes:
jonnythemoose
ooh...harsh. To think, I could have that right now...won't know til I get my track number, of course :rolleyes:

If you're waiting for a letter, you could simply use the 'forgot my details' function at the Track log-on screen -- that's what I did.
Ooh, good way to beat the system! Fortunately, my letter came today however :smile:
Reply 9
I sent mine at the end of October. When do you think I can expect a reply (for International Relations)?
after january the 15th. Expect to get an answer by about late february march time.
Reply 11
Waiting for a social anthropology reply!!....ugh I'm going to be waiting for ages
Reply 12
dragon500uk
No - on your ucas it just says DECLINES. in big letters too. But not, not cruel enough to send rejection letters.

Declines? Last year I got a rejection from LSE and it just said Unsuccessful.
I had "Application Declined" on my ucas. that was for here as well D:
Did anyone apply for English? If so when did you receive (or not receive) an offer? My application was received by St Andrews on November 19th.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm applying after a gap year so I have already received my grades (AAB). Will this make the response any quicker?
Reply 16
Well, I got mine (not for english... but arts faculty at least) at the beginning of December when I applied on my gap year. But admissions departments are generally unpredictable, you can never really tell. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Hang in there!

Latest

Trending

Trending