The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by exams 17
How did you guys approach the 20 marker for families? Sorry to be a melt just want to double check

What was the 20 marker? I forgot haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Evaluate functionalist views on the role of the family. I gave Functionalism in depth and touched on the main ideas for Marxism, Feminism and the New Right. Did you know if we needed give all the theories in detail or focusing more on Functionalism and just discussing the others as Functionalism was the focus for the question. I'm really sorry about all of this just want to see what other people did
Thanks for your reply! Sorry for asking a lot of questions just wanted to check. Did you give many Sociologists in your answer?

probably about 6-8 if that counts as many?
Thanks wanted to check. What theories did you do?
Evaluate functionalist views on the role of the family. I gave Functionalism in depth and touched on the main ideas for Marxism, Feminism and the New Right. Did you know if we needed give all the theories in detail or focusing more on Functionalism and just discussing the others as Functionalism was the focus for the question. I'm really sorry about all of this just want to see what other people did

You have done fine, focus on functionalism and evaluate with any other theories. There is no correct way to do this. Lots of different ways to approach the question. Different schools do different structures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for replying.Yeah I done Functionalism in depth then addressed the key parts of other theories. What theories did you do and did you use much sociological perspectives?
Thanks for replying.Yeah I done Functionalism in depth then addressed the key parts of other theories. What theories did you do and did you use much sociological perspectives?

I don't remember, but it doesn't matter everyone will have different theories/ways of answering. No point comparing you seem to have done ok please stop stressing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thanks for your help sorry for all the questions
In the AS level sociology exam there was a question on the evaluation of the materialist approach to social class differences in health for 20 marks. If I talked about cultural and behavioural approaches instead and had only one small paragraph on the materialist approach would I get any marks?
Yeah you would still get marks! Don't be worrying probably half the marks not sure since you addressed the other areas in depth
What is the 20 marker on the family and household paper
For the AS or A2??
Yeah you would still get marks! Don't be worrying probably half the marks not sure since you addressed the other areas in depth

But the question asked for the evaluation of materialist factors and I've only referred to them once. I feel like I didn't really answer the question if I've talked about cultural and behavioural factors.
You should still get marks though think about it they can't just take 20 marks off you. Yeah you only addressed what they were asking briefly but you still addressed other areas too. Honestly don't be worrying about it too much. Does the AS count this year? If it doesn't I wouldn't worry too much tbh.
You should still get marks though think about it they can't just take 20 marks off you. Yeah you only addressed what they were asking briefly but you still addressed other areas too. Honestly don't be worrying about it too much. Does the AS count this year? If it doesn't I wouldn't worry too much tbh.

It doesn't count but I need an A in sociology AS to be predicted an A at A-Level so I can apply to universities of my choice.

I'm hoping for at least 10/20 tbh but because I haven't really addressed the question I'm not sure.
I'm sure you have at least got 10/20 tbh AQA are positive markers. Did you provide sociological perspectives in your answer?
Honestly I think you have got at least 10/20. Aqa are positive markers. Also the grade boundaries may be low. Last year it was 33/60 for a C in Education and families and 36/60 in both papers for a B so they will probably be around the same this year. You will do great. Did you give sociological perspectives in your answer? Even if you gave 2 or 3 it would be fine
How did you guys find the papers??
Hey, would we have needed to go in depth in Marxism for the 20 marker on families? I talked about inheritence of property, private property, ideological functions that justify inequality as fair, natural, inevitable and unchangeable and the family generating profits for capitalism? Would that be okay??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending