AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Watch
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys! This is the official thread for discussing the AQA sociology exam in June. How is everyone feeling about it? What topics are you most concerned about?

AQA Sociology 7192 (new linear specification)

Exams

8 June pm 7192/1 Paper 1: Education with Methods in Context 2 hours

15 June pm 7192/2 Paper 2: Research Methods and Topics in Sociology 2 hours

20 June pm 7192/3 Paper 3: Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods 2 hours

Specification

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...92-SP-2015.PDF

Specimen papers and mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/socio...ment-resources

Resources

TSR Resource Library

Sociology Central

Name:  250Exams on TSR logo orange.png
Views: 924
Size:  23.0 KB
Booklover99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Hi guys! This is the official thread for discussing the AQA sociology exam in June. How is everyone feeling about it? What topics are you most concerned about?

AQA Sociology 7192 (new linear specification)

Exams

8 June pm 7192/1 Paper 1: Education with Methods in Context 2 hours

15 June pm 7192/2 Paper 2: Research Methods and Topics in Sociology 2 hours

20 June pm 7192/3 Paper 3: Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods 2 hours

Specification

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...92-SP-2015.PDF

Specimen papers and mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/socio...ment-resources

Resources

TSR Resource Library

Sociology Central

Name:  250Exams on TSR logo orange.png
Views: 924
Size:  23.0 KB
Every thing but mostly beliefs in society.
mollyadtr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If anyone needs some revision materials or new style exam questions I've got those new little student guides with simplified content as well as guides for answering questions / answers for questions too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Booklover99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mollyadtr)
If anyone needs some revision materials or new style exam questions I've got those new little student guides with simplified content as well as guides for answering questions / answers for questions too

Posted from TSR Mobile
That would be great.
mollyadtr
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Here's some questions i put together for the first paper: education with methods in context and theory and methods. structures for questions and example questions
rue24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks the resource is quiet useful. DO you have one for family and household+ media

Here's some questions i put together for the first paper: education with methods in context and theory and methods. structures for questions and example questions
mollyadtr
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rue24)
Thanks the resource is quiet useful. DO you have one for family and household+ media
i can make one for family and households by monday maybe but i dont do the media unit so i cant do that one sorry
Booklover99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i can make one for family and households by monday maybe but i dont do the media unit so i cant do that one sorry
How do you revise for sociology , and what have you been doing so far . I am struggling quite a bit .!
elise68
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is so useful, thank you! Have you got any for paper 3 (crime)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LenniesRabbit
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a major question in relation to mainly the Crime and Deviance exam.

So I've noticed that in the blue sociology textbook, all of the practice questions begin with an 'evaluate sociological explanations of/evaluate the view that...'.

Going back through pastpapers, i've noticed that the majority of questions star with 'assess the functionalist (or whatever) explanations of crime'

Every practice question in the textbook asks to evaluate - never assess. The specimen does this aswell. Does this mean that sociology questions will always ask us to 'evaluate' and never 'assess'?
mollyadtr
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LenniesRabbit)
I have a major question in relation to mainly the Crime and Deviance exam.

So I've noticed that in the blue sociology textbook, all of the practice questions begin with an 'evaluate sociological explanations of/evaluate the view that...'.

Going back through pastpapers, i've noticed that the majority of questions star with 'assess the functionalist (or whatever) explanations of crime'

Every single practice question in the textbook asks to evaluate - never assess. The specimen does this aswell. I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed this? Does this mean that all 30 mark sociology questions ill always ask us to 'evaluate' and never 'assess'?

Hope I didn't confuse anyone here
yeah ive noticed that too having a flick through the little revision books...'assess' has been removed from the command words as well so its unlikely they'll ask it by the looks of it...but assess and evaluate basically mean the same thing anyway so it wouldnt matter too much if it does come up randomly haha
mollyadtr
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Booklover99)
How do you revise for sociology , and what have you been doing so far . I am struggling quite a bit .!
ive just been writing notes up from class and then putting them into powerpoints then writing them out again another 3 times and testing myself with kahoots and quizes (gotta make revision somehow!), recently every night i do revision on last years units..it took me a week of about an hour or two at night to cover education and then another week for families
how about you?
and i know the content is sooo excessive
mollyadtr
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by elise68)
This is so useful, thank you! Have you got any for paper 3 (crime)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i can do a crime one for ya ill try and get it done for monday
elise68
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i can do a crime one for ya ill try and get it done for monday
Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
dannydevil117
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any tips on general essay writing for sociology, because I've been struggling with the structure all year round
Sanniabir
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What is everyone predicting for they essays this year?
Booklover99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sanniabir)
What is everyone predicting for they essays this year?
Education and ethnicity.
justliving
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
would you be able to do some for beliefs in society or crime and deviance?
Sanniabir
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Booklover99)
Education and ethnicity.
Yep i agree ethnicity could come up for education. Or possible state policies.
difficult to predict for crime and deviance though
Hakeem.419
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You reckon you could make one on crime,family, stratification and differentiation please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (103)
48.82%
Take exams next summer (31)
14.69%
Change uni choice through clearing (52)
24.64%
Apply to uni next year instead (19)
9%
I'm not applying to university (6)
2.84%

Watched Threads