physics (OCR)
history (OCR)
computing (OCR)
german (OCR)
Maths (EDEXCEL)
english literature (AQA)
english language (AQA)
religious studies (EDEXCEL)

as maths and both english exams are the new 9-1 spec, do u think exam boards will be 'nice' and set lower grade boundaries for the higher grades?
the same question goes for all my other subjects, as they are the last exams of that spec to ever be done
It'll be the exact same proportion getting the same grades. they may lower grade boundaries for English, as we are going into it effectively blind
Original post by That'sGreat
It'll be the exact same proportion getting the same grades. they may lower grade boundaries for English, as we are going into it effectively blind

so what youre saying is theyll effectively be the same. wdym blind?
Original post by ultimateradman
so what youre saying is theyll effectively be the same. wdym blind?

For English lit. We don't have definite idea of how the questions are going to be presented, what they might be looking for and what questions may pop up
English Literature over Both Papers/160:
Grade 9 = 152
Grade 8 = 143
Grade 7 = 132
Grade 6 = 118
Grade 5 = 100
Grade 4 = 90
Original post by Farooq Sayed
Grade 9 = 152
Grade 8 = 143
Grade 7 = 132
Grade 6 = 118
Grade 5 = 100
Grade 4 = 90

lol that's way too high
Reply 6
The grade boundaries will be different based off of what book you did. For example I heard that the Macbeth question was pretty standard while for the Romeo and Juliet one we got an obscure question which I doubt any class has practised before which would lower the grade boundaries for it.
Original post by Abyssal
The grade boundaries will be different based off of what book you did. For example I heard that the Macbeth question was pretty standard while for the Romeo and Juliet one we got an obscure question which I doubt any class has practised before which would lower the grade boundaries for it.

Na it won't because it is not done by book studied but by whole paper. Each essay is given the mark out of whatever and totaled and then they will calculate based of everyone's marks.
Original post by RuneFreeze
lol that's way too high

thats exactly what I thought lmao
Original post by RuneFreeze
lol that's way too high

I thought that at first but remember about 3.5% of people will get grade 9, and there are quite a few people who will get like 28 or 29 for each essay written (out of 30) and that's how I used to calculate it.
People getting a grade 8 will be getting around 26 or 27 marks for each essay (out of 30) which when calculated equates roughly to the totals I had - and they should get 4 for all SPaG.
People at grade 7 would be getting around 25/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG (as the top 17% of people are expected to get a grade 7 or above)
People at grade 6 would be getting around 22/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG.
People at grade 5 will be getting around 19 or 20 out of 30 for each essay and then 2 or 3 marks for SPaG
People at grade 4 would be getting around 16/30 for each essay and 2 marks for SPaG (I think 70% of all students are getting this mark or higher)
Original post by farooq sayed
english literature over both papers/160:
Grade 9 = 152
grade 8 = 143
grade 7 = 132
grade 6 = 118
grade 5 = 100
grade 4 = 90
thats too high no way in hell im gonna fail otherwise😂😭
I thought that at first but remember about 3.5% of people will get grade 9, and there are quite a few people who will get like 28 or 29 for each essay written (out of 30) and that's how I used to calculate it.
People getting a grade 8 will be getting around 26 or 27 marks for each essay (out of 30) which when calculated equates roughly to the totals I had - and they should get 4 for all SPaG.
People at grade 7 would be getting around 25/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG (as the top 17% of people are expected to get a grade 7 or above)
People at grade 6 would be getting around 22/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG.
People at grade 5 will be getting around 19 or 20 out of 30 for each essay and then 2 or 3 marks for SPaG
People at grade 4 would be getting around 16/30 for each essay and 2 marks for SPaG (I think 70% of all students are getting this mark or higher)

Trust me you've massively overestimated the number of marks people will get
Original post by marija_k
thats too high no way in hell im gonna fail otherwise😂😭

Same I feel you
Original post by farooq sayed
same i feel you

i legit didnt read the question on the lit exam today about jekyll and sympathy but i wrote an amazing essay 😭😭😭im so scared

You're wrong.

absolutely no chance, we are the first year doing the course. i reckon level 9 will be 140 and then down accordingly
Grade 9 = 152
Grade 8 = 143
Grade 7 = 132
Grade 6 = 118
Grade 5 = 100
Grade 4 = 90

I got 116 in my mocks and it was a 7-
Original post by Lottie1213
I got 116 in my mocks and it was a 7-

The thing is that teachers have been using ludicrously overestimated grade boundaries, judging by the old spec, which students have assumed to be reasonable.

Luckily, misunderstandings will be corrected come results day.

Quick Reply

Latest