GCSE 2017 exam grade boundary predictions

Watch this thread
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
what do u guys think the grade boundaries for:
biology (OCR)
chemistry (OCR)
physics (OCR)
history (OCR)
computing (OCR)
german (OCR)
Maths (EDEXCEL)
english literature (AQA)
english language (AQA)
religious studies (EDEXCEL)

as maths and both english exams are the new 9-1 spec, do u think exam boards will be 'nice' and set lower grade boundaries for the higher grades?
the same question goes for all my other subjects, as they are the last exams of that spec to ever be done
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
It'll be the exact same proportion getting the same grades. they may lower grade boundaries for English, as we are going into it effectively blind
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by That'sGreat)
It'll be the exact same proportion getting the same grades. they may lower grade boundaries for English, as we are going into it effectively blind
so what youre saying is theyll effectively be the same. wdym blind?
That'sGreat
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ultimateradman)
so what youre saying is theyll effectively be the same. wdym blind?
For English lit. We don't have definite idea of how the questions are going to be presented, what they might be looking for and what questions may pop up
Farooq Sayed
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
English Literature over Both Papers/160:
Grade 9 = 152
Grade 8 = 143
Grade 7 = 132
Grade 6 = 118
Grade 5 = 100
Grade 4 = 90
RuneFreeze
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Farooq Sayed)
Grade 9 = 152
Grade 8 = 143
Grade 7 = 132
Grade 6 = 118
Grade 5 = 100
Grade 4 = 90
lol that's way too high
Abyssal
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The grade boundaries will be different based off of what book you did. For example I heard that the Macbeth question was pretty standard while for the Romeo and Juliet one we got an obscure question which I doubt any class has practised before which would lower the grade boundaries for it.
Farooq Sayed
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abyssal)
The grade boundaries will be different based off of what book you did. For example I heard that the Macbeth question was pretty standard while for the Romeo and Juliet one we got an obscure question which I doubt any class has practised before which would lower the grade boundaries for it.
Na it won't because it is not done by book studied but by whole paper. Each essay is given the mark out of whatever and totaled and then they will calculate based of everyone's marks.
rosesndaises
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RuneFreeze)
lol that's way too high
thats exactly what I thought lmao
Farooq Sayed
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RuneFreeze)
lol that's way too high
I thought that at first but remember about 3.5% of people will get grade 9, and there are quite a few people who will get like 28 or 29 for each essay written (out of 30) and that's how I used to calculate it.
People getting a grade 8 will be getting around 26 or 27 marks for each essay (out of 30) which when calculated equates roughly to the totals I had - and they should get 4 for all SPaG.
People at grade 7 would be getting around 25/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG (as the top 17% of people are expected to get a grade 7 or above)
People at grade 6 would be getting around 22/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG.
People at grade 5 will be getting around 19 or 20 out of 30 for each essay and then 2 or 3 marks for SPaG
People at grade 4 would be getting around 16/30 for each essay and 2 marks for SPaG (I think 70% of all students are getting this mark or higher)
marija_k
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by farooq sayed)
english literature over both papers/160:
Grade 9 = 152
grade 8 = 143
grade 7 = 132
grade 6 = 118
grade 5 = 100
grade 4 = 90
thats too high no way in hell im gonna fail otherwise😂😭
RuneFreeze
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I thought that at first but remember about 3.5% of people will get grade 9, and there are quite a few people who will get like 28 or 29 for each essay written (out of 30) and that's how I used to calculate it.
People getting a grade 8 will be getting around 26 or 27 marks for each essay (out of 30) which when calculated equates roughly to the totals I had - and they should get 4 for all SPaG.
People at grade 7 would be getting around 25/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG (as the top 17% of people are expected to get a grade 7 or above)
People at grade 6 would be getting around 22/30 for each essay and then 3 marks for SPaG.
People at grade 5 will be getting around 19 or 20 out of 30 for each essay and then 2 or 3 marks for SPaG
People at grade 4 would be getting around 16/30 for each essay and 2 marks for SPaG (I think 70% of all students are getting this mark or higher)
Trust me you've massively overestimated the number of marks people will get
Farooq Sayed
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by marija_k)
thats too high no way in hell im gonna fail otherwise😂😭
Same I feel you
marija_k
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by farooq sayed)
same i feel you
i legit didnt read the question on the lit exam today about jekyll and sympathy but i wrote an amazing essay 😭😭😭im so scared
Fighter365
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You're wrong.
jimsterjam
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
absolutely no chance, we are the first year doing the course. i reckon level 9 will be 140 and then down accordingly
Lottie1213
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Grade 9 = 152
Grade 8 = 143
Grade 7 = 132
Grade 6 = 118
Grade 5 = 100
Grade 4 = 90
I got 116 in my mocks and it was a 7-
_gcx
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lottie1213)
I got 116 in my mocks and it was a 7-
The thing is that teachers have been using ludicrously overestimated grade boundaries, judging by the old spec, which students have assumed to be reasonable.

Luckily, misunderstandings will be corrected come results day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (127)
29.2%
It went fairly well (210)
48.28%
It didn't go too well (62)
14.25%
TERRIBLE! (36)
8.28%

Watched Threads