The Student Room Group

*UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME* Edexcel Maths C1 2017

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone do q10 a??
Reply 381
What was the structure of question 7 and how many marks was it?
how many marks was question 8?? specifically the last part -area of triangle-
bit plzzzz?!?
Original post by RandomBit
Question 10 was definitely there - the one with the equation y = (2x-5)^2(x+3) or something

It actually tells you in the question that a1 = 1. Not k
k= 75 because f(x) = (2x-5)2(x-3)
y= f(x) + k passes through origin (0,0)
y=(2x-5)2(x-3) + k
sub x=0 and y=0
0=(2(0)-5)2(0-3)
0=25(-3)+k
0=-75+k
75=k
Ive done all the C1 past papers available including solomans; this paper was quite hard. Mainly because it had alot of wording involved. Truthfully speaking I believe I got ~60/75. This is discounting any method marks. I never managed to 'show that' (5-c)^2>12 and i didnt find legitimate coordinates for c, i didnt find x coordinate of B, i got like 18000 bicycles or something, as i did 2 separate Sn equations and added them together.
Differentiation/integration/area of triangle/indices and graphs were all right i believe but for everyone worrying you need to put it out of your mind and do your best on the upcoming exams now :smile:
For Q5 i left my answer as y=1/2 y=8, how many marks will i lose?
For the area of the triangle I got 1476/20, which when divided gives you the right answer of 36.9.

Will they accept this answer in that fraction form or did it say to leave it in its simplest form??

Also what the **** was that exam.. i literally lost marks on question 2 which isn't meant to happen until further up in the paper!!

Too much fractions and horrible surds, feel sorry the one marking my work.
Did anyone else get c=-88 or was it just me, i checked a few times.
Original post by Navi_BOy
And you are clapped

you are AIDS and im a beast
Found a video if it helps anyone:

https://youtu.be/J8icQOeslK8
Original post by Maths234
Was the bike one not 52/2(280 (51x6)) as in n/2(2a (n-1)d)

No, since after week 12(?) the amount per week was constant and didn't increase
If I got the method correct but got the answe wrong due to bad mental maths, how many marks would I be likely to lose?
Wonder how many marks i will lose for that in that case.

If it was out of 4, I guess I'll get 2? out of 5, maybe 3?

Original post by BenSainsbury
Where y = 2^x

Equation was something like 2y^2 -17y + 8=0 not sure if that's right.
Original post by Kaka121
Think I only got 72/75 I'm so angry I just lost marks on a stupid mistake 😩

Lol nice, only question i messed up was with the asymptote and (5-c)^2.12.

And dunno, but got C=-88 in some integration question, i doubled checked it, dunno if right.
Original post by Specofranger
Did anyone else get c=-88 or was it just me, i checked a few times.

Yeah... if you're a beast like me
Reply 396
Yeah I feel many past C1 papers just required you to know the techniques. But since last year they've been introducing large as hell calculations for you to do in your head, and they've been making the wording a bit weirder (e.g. "where "a" is a rational number"...that was totally unnecessary and leaves people questionning whether their answer -- 1/16 -- is a "rational number" ).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Charlotteemason
Ive done all the C1 past papers available including solomans; this paper was quite hard. Mainly because it had alot of wording involved. Truthfully speaking I believe I got ~60/75. This is discounting any method marks. I never managed to 'show that' (5-c)^2>12 and i didnt find legitimate coordinates for c, i didnt find x coordinate of B, i got like 18000 bicycles or something, as i did 2 separate Sn equations and added them together.
Differentiation/integration/area of triangle/indices and graphs were all right i believe but for everyone worrying you need to put it out of your mind and do your best on the upcoming exams now :smile:

This paper was quite easy compared to other papers, just do every paper from 2005-16 including R papers and IAL papers and you will be fine and do some E questions from the book - took me 4 days to complete 32 C1 papers that edexcel have produced and todays paper was really easy, im expecting 100ums. However I will understand why it was difficult for some people, truss me guys once you have done all the papers PLEASE GO OVER THOSE PAPERS YOU DONE I MEAN ALL OF IT LITERALLY.
Reply 398
This mark scheme is wrong. I suggest we just wait for the mark scheme...
Original post by bilalthebeast
Yeah... if you're a beast like me

Wait so did you also get C=-88??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending