The Student Room Group

*UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME* Edexcel Maths C1 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AtiMo
Coordinates os S (-2.5,0)
COORDINATE OF T (43.5,0)

Coordinates of T where (9.8,0). So the area was 1/2x6x(9.8+2.5)=36.9
I feel like I did ok. Other than question7b (integrate 30 + (6 - 5x^2) / sqrt(x) .... and the bike question my mind said 206+206 = 512 :/

Otherwise, I think it went alright for me. But, for the bike question, an odd number?
If I'm not mistaken, a = 140 d = 6 u12 = 206

How could it possibly result in an odd number? 🤔
Original post by Soph1006
Including the reserves and papers from the years before. But the consecutive 7 years worth of papers in the week leading up to the exam. I can safely say I found this exam much harder than those past 7 years, 14 exam papers in total.

I understand that 'a lot' is relative, but I was worried I hadn't done enough, and I'd finished every January and June paper between 2005-2016, every bronze, silver and gold paper, every IYGB paper, and every solomon paper for c1, soo.. idk take of that what you will i guess
Time was short. How is it possible to complete the whole paper without a calculator in just 1.5 hours. So annoying.
:banghead:
I ran out of time rip
Original post by Hudayfah riadi
I think it should be around 59 / 58 for a A

I don't think so. 59-60
For 10) should k= -75 as we moved it down by 75??
Original post by AtiMo
Coordinates os S (-2.5,0)
COORDINATE OF T (43.5,0)

S is right but T is wrong to get an area of 36.9 it has to be 9.8
Original post by AtiMo
People who did good know how difficult the exam was, people who found it easy are the ones who mis the questions thinking they did amazing. So, it's most likely this year was your worst paper attempt in these 3 years mate. 🙃😉

true, I've done lots of past papers from 2005 , this was definitely on another level
Original post by dengman123
There's a 100% chance ur skeleton is getting touched

**** off you bimbo looking tramp
GUYS , if you put k=-75 for the 10a question would you only lose one mark as I got the value fo c right???????????????????
Hopefully Based UMS god will answer our C1 prayers.
Original post by geography1294
GUYS , if you put k=-75 for the 10a question wou
ld you only lose one mark as I got the value fo c right???????????????????

Hmmm... maybe, I don't know why that question is 2 marks. However, I think to find k would be worth two marks, but as long as you knows that 5*5*3 = 75 in some way or another, whether expansion or simple knowledge, then should get 2 marks.
For question 7, can someone confirm my answer of c = -88... i didn't do this in the exam unfortunately because my stupid mistakes took over, and i wrote x^1/2 instead of x^-1/2 for the sqrt(x).... which is rather unfortunate... but I'm curious what the answer is now.

In exam --> put 31 1/7 i think
On paper now --> -88

--------------------
Original post by Kobra0319
For question 7, can someone confirm my answer of c = -88... i didn't do this in the exam unfortunately because my stupid mistakes took over, and i wrote x^1/2 instead of x^-1/2 for the sqrt(x).... which is rather unfortunate... but I'm curious what the answer is now.

In exam --> put 31 1/7 i think
On paper now --> -88

--------------------

Can confirm it is -88, that is what I've put and I've seen a few videos on Youtube with unofficial mark schemes.
RescorlaMaths on Youtube have provided video solutions for all the questions on yesterday's paper.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BenSainsbury
Can confirm it is -88, that is what I've put and I've seen a few videos on Youtube with unofficial mark schemes.
RescorlaMaths on Youtube have provided video solutions for all the questions on yesterday's paper.

Just seen that video. Cool! Thanks!

Ive redone the whole paper looking at my mistakes and found so many. Hopefully everyone found this as hard as others, it was just prone to stupid mistakes from me. I'm known to be the best in my school, but not as good as top 2% or so, for sure. I feel like I could achieve 95 UMS without mistakes :/
Original post by dannyrosen
benjy baker had extra time on this exam btw and he cheated, he used a calculator and got off with olly may

suck your nan
Don't get why everyone split the triangle into 2 on the find the area question 😂 you know the base and you know the height, just do half base times height. Why over complicate it lol
I agree!! It was so hard
When comparing it to a Solomon Paper which are naturally harder than normal papers, I would definitely say it was easier than them. But in comparison to previous years papers I'd say this was the 2nd hardest (after last year which I failed).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending