The Student Room Group

C1 2017 unofficial mark scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i went on about the threat to animals with putting polymers in landfills...... opinions?:-(
i think it will be 49 for an A* and 42/43 for an A
A* will not be 49/60 I'd say 46/60 maximum, also for number 4), you cant put increased global warming, and then have your next point as a factor of global warming, its repetition of the same point.
Original post by ZaydRehman
1 mark for saying the process is cracking i think
then 2 marks for saying the longer alkane molecule is heated in the presence of a catalyst where it is broken down into smaller alkanes and alkenes
please tell me you or someone else said this cos i havent heard this response from anyone else haha

i wrote the same
What are you on about for thermal decomposition? I thought it was an acid with a carbonate ?!?! It was copper carbonate nad sulfurisé acid, not thermal decomposition. But co2 is still produced with an acid
Original post by Moltenmo
Mass doesn't reduce. In other words, sum of mass of reactants=sum of mass of products

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what I thought , but a lot of my mates ticked the last one it doesn't make sense that the products is more than the reactants???
You missed the question about how the wool is heated this makes vapours of the gas this passes over the catalyst e.g. (Aluminium oxide) and is passed through the tube when it hits the water it condenses and the gas rises as bubbles and is given of at top where the empty space is (I can't remeber what the element was someone just reply to this and let everyone know which gas it was)
Original post by NK778
But environmental damage is NOT a good thing

but the question didnt say environmental damage it said environmental IMPACT.
Reply 27
for the 3rd one, a nucleus has an overall positive charge as the nucleus contains only positively charged protons and neutrons which have no charge, therefore the nucleus is positive. The electrons only orbit the nucleus and have no affect on the nucleus' charge
I didn't write any advantages for the environmental impact of quarrying question, was I wrong to do so?:///
Original post by DucksOnQuack
Exactly what I thought , but a lot of my mates ticked the last one it doesn't make sense that the products is more than the reactants???

Your friends are wrong then. It was supposed to add up too 381 or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You forgot the question about where the rest of the Co2 disappeared to ands the miller Urey one.
I got a A* on my isa and I think I could have gotten a B on my biology but if I got a U on chemistry can I still pass?

Quick Reply

Latest