The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE maths old specification 2017

Scroll to see replies

Omg guys it was soooo hard
i was crying during the exam
anyone have unofficial mark scheme
Reply 21
I sat the old specification and it went horribly wrong on their part - completely stressed and am now waiting to hear what they are going to do about it 👎🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wont a C be between 70-75?
Original post by Mohammed sami
Wont a C be between 70-75?

Yeah
Reply 24
I doubt it'll be that high, considering previous grade boundaries have been decreasing, was something like 69 2 years ago and it was 64 for a C last year. So we're probably looking at about 65
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TSR_2000
Here's what i'm going for:

D - 35
C - 68
B - 105
A - 141
A* - 170

I think they will be fairly low as they want to get rid of us

I hope they do so, because the new spec is so hard and if we fail it's going to be hard to pass next year! But these grade boundaries are too low I guess!
Reply 26
Original post by Fatimaxx
I hope they do so, because the new spec is so hard and if we fail it's going to be hard to pass next year! But these grade boundaries are too low I guess!

Wouldn't say TOO low to be honest. Last years was 70 marks to get a C. If there's a possoble decrease by 2 marks it wouldn't be low. Just pray for it to at least be between 60-65.
Reply 27
Last year's grade boundary for a C was 64, where are you getting 70 from?
Reply 28
Why do you say that ?
I found the old style higher so hard today,I'm so hoping for lower grade boundaries
Reply 30
Recon I got at least 30 meaning 40 on the calculator paper, which is usually easier so probs passed, wbu?
Are these grade boundaries for higher or foundation?
Reply 32
Higher
Original post by Pacdan
Higher

For a C dropped from 70 to 62 In November.
Reply 34
Original post by Hassnain Aslam
For a C dropped from 70 to 62 In November.

Alright my bad, I didn't consider the June Exam
Original post by Mitz45
Wouldn't say TOO low to be honest. Last years was 70 marks to get a C. If there's a possoble decrease by 2 marks it wouldn't be low. Just pray for it to at least be between 60-65.

Yeeees I hope so I fell like I'm going to be nervous all the holiday! if the grade boundaries are really high it will be devastating resiting the new spec in a matter of one year teaching.
Reply 36
Any one have the old spec Edexcel F and H maths paper from today?
I did the old spec higher paper too today and it was very difficult! Ive done about 5-6 practice papers and have gotten A's and 1 A*.This had questions I had never seen lol. They definitely did this on purpose - not wanting us to reap the advantage of an easier spec over the new one since its the last time.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 38
does anyone have the link to the non calculator unofficial mark scheme ????? * *******OLD SPEC********
Original post by rawi
does anyone have the link to the non calculator unofficial mark scheme ????? * *******OLD SPEC********

There isn't one.

Quick Reply

Latest