The Student Room Group

Aqa pe exam paper?

What did everyone put for their pe exam today can't stop thinking about it 🙄
Reply 1
I was really stumped by the warm up 8 marker! I found the paper so hard overall, I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low😬
I thought it was a really hard 8 marker at the end but the first 8 maker was really good! The Dame Kelly Holmes question was horrible
Reply 3
yeah - I still feel like I messed the first 8 marker up though. I said that he would use continuous training and run over long distances at a slow pace. This would get him working aerobically at 60-80% of his MHR so he'd be able to continue for a longer period of time. I also defined cardio vascular endurance and said he could overload this training programme by adding extra distance every time he completed it. Then I went on to say he could also train at higher altitude to increase his oxygen carrying capacity. I feel as though I shouldn't have included the last part so they might deduct marks.
Reply 4
Original post by H3l3n44
I was really stumped by the warm up 8 marker! I found the paper so hard overall, I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low😬

Yeah that was definiatly hardest pe paper I've done and I feel like I did okay on the warm up you just had to know the 3 phases which is heart raising exercise, stretches and skills so if you said anything about that you will have done fine !:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Spyfire15
I thought it was a really hard 8 marker at the end but the first 8 maker was really good! The Dame Kelly Holmes question was horrible

The dame Kelly Holmes was hard I definiatly only got 3 marks, I just said about how she got retired athletes to train unfortunate children and they had one to ones and stuff like that
Reply 6
Original post by H3l3n44
yeah - I still feel like I messed the first 8 marker up though. I said that he would use continuous training and run over long distances at a slow pace. This would get him working aerobically at 60-80% of his MHR so he'd be able to continue for a longer period of time. I also defined cardio vascular endurance and said he could overload this training programme by adding extra distance every time he completed it. Then I went on to say he could also train at higher altitude to increase his oxygen carrying capacity. I feel as though I shouldn't have included the last part so they might deduct marks.

What you've said sounds good to me! They can't deduct points as it's positive marking so don't worry about that :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Shannon1313
What you've said sounds good to me! They can't deduct points as it's positive marking so don't worry about that :smile:

thank god for that then! I definitely didn't get full marks in it as I ran out of time. I found this paper much harder than the past papers I did - I don't know anyone who didn't find it difficult!
Reply 8
Original post by H3l3n44
thank god for that then! I definitely didn't get full marks in it as I ran out of time. I found this paper much harder than the past papers I did - I don't know anyone who didn't find it difficult!

Yeah same I literally was writing until the last seconds! I was about to develop another answer aswell but I ran out of time, I'm sure we will have done fine praying for the A's
Reply 9
Original post by Shannon1313
Yeah same I literally was writing until the last seconds! I was about to develop another answer aswell but I ran out of time, I'm sure we will have done fine praying for the A's

So am I! How did you do on your practical? Did you have to do Key Process C?

Quick Reply

Latest