The Student Room Group

AQA ENGLISH LIT 9-1 22nd may 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by avI_130
I talked about how Malcolm and Macduff were ambitious, but for their country. Banquo was ambitious, but not as much as Macbeth and let fate take its course. Ambition was Macbeth's fatal flaw and some other things. Bless the CGP revision guide!

What quotes?
Original post by Bilal Yahya
was the Macbeth question about lady Macbeth or Macbeth, or ambition as a whole. Idk if i messed it up. I spoke about Macbeth with a few references to Lady Macbeth.

dont worry i did the same they should asked in depth. but no other character symbioses ambition and stuff so if you wrote about the main two i think you should be fine :smile:
Original post by Anand3761
Did you write about the supernatural with lady Macbeth

Soliloquy

Frankenstein was all right if u learnt the religious allegories, such as society being Adam and Eve and the temptation being prejudice. Thus, if the monster allegorises women- Shelley says how treatment of women is evil, so fro that, we become evil

not being funny I've never even heard of that interpretation of frankenstein, no wonder I ran out of stuff to say 😂
Romeo and Juliet extract threw me off but overall the question was alright.
Jekyll and Hyde was completely dreadful and we don't talk about it. Lol
Reply 24
Original post by edenandreaa
I agree! Last minute revision was kind to me for Macbeth; with ACC the guide didn't help me as much as the stuff about the Cratchits was a bit brief.

Interesting, I found ACC easier than Macbeth. Oh well, either way, I'm just happy I'll never be forced to read a Shakespeare play ever again :smile:
Original post by avI_130
Interesting, I found ACC easier than Macbeth. Oh well, either way, I'm just happy I'll never be forced to read a Shakespeare play ever again :smile:

Yeah, the question was a lot more accessible but I found it harder to create a high-grade response.
Reply 26
Original post by soundwaves
not being funny I've never even heard of that interpretation of frankenstein, no wonder I ran out of stuff to say 😂

Grade 9 interpretation u reckon 👍
Just me who found the ACC section so hard because of how little the Cratchit family actually come up. Macbeth was pretty good considering you could link lots of areas together with the false truths of the witches and the ways in which they achieve their ambitions?????
Grade 9 interpretation u reckon 👍

possibly, as not that many people would have written that
for macbeth i wrote:
ambition is an illness macbeth does not acquire as he is "too full o'th milk of human kindness
ironically L macbeth driven into madness from "illness" when sleepwalking because of guilt, which is a flaw in her character
women and men are equally ambitious but is more accepted with men, L macbeth goes against the typical shakespearean woman
banquo and macbeth are both ambitious but banquo does not act upon it
macbeth was not naturally evil but because of "vaulting ambition" he became a "butcher"
because of this he loses respect and integrity from thanes, affects natural order of bloodline with blood and ambition goes against divine right of kings

I then bulletpointed points i was going to write about, frankenstein i kind of repeated the same point about how monster is not evil but has evil qualities
Did you write about the supernatural with lady Macbeth

Soliloquy

Frankenstein was all right if u learnt the religious allegories, such as society being Adam and Eve and the temptation being prejudice. Thus, if the monster allegorises women- Shelley says how treatment of women is evil, so fro that, we become evil

i wrote how monster said he was "thy adam" and fallen angel which are allusions to the book of genesis that adam was banished from the garden of eden, similarly how monster is rejected from society
Reply 31
Original post by nightcrawl3r
i wrote how monster said he was "thy adam" and fallen angel which are allusions to the book of genesis that adam was banished from the garden of eden, similarly how monster is rejected from society

That was what I wanted to write but ran out of time, but that's excellent. Did you link society to Adam and Eve and the temptation as prejudice?
That was what I wanted to write but ran out of time, but that's excellent. Did you link society to Adam and Eve and the temptation as prejudice?

no :frown: i linked it to how the rejection of monster from society gave it evil characteristics , but he is not born evil
Reply 33
no :frown: i linked it to how the rejection of monster from society gave it evil characteristics , but he is not born evil

Yh same-

I also talked about marriage' ' I will be with you on your wedding night' and as christians believe god ISO important as couple are 'one flesh' monster disrupts this and god and is evil

And the quote 'as divine a retreat as pandaemonium appeared to the demons of hell' if you research that
Did anyone talk about the ending scene with Macbeth ambition to continue fighting despite his losses "why shall I die the roman fool and at my own sword" as it was roman tradition to commit suicide as an honourable death however Shakespeare gives him a chance to redeem himself and allows him to have an honorouble death where he dies fighting so the audience would seen him as a tragic hero than a villain. Overall reinforcing the genre of the play being a tradegy.

Also how else went crazy with the context and began including it everywhere necessary!!! 😄😄 :smile: ✋🏼✋🏼
Yh same-

I also talked about marriage' ' I will be with you on your wedding night' and as christians believe god ISO important as couple are 'one flesh' monster disrupts this and god and is evil

And the quote 'as divine a retreat as pandaemonium appeared to the demons of hell' if you research that

thats so good omg. i wrote about the wedding night quote but said it was emotional blackmail towards victor, cant remember what else i put
Reply 36
My Macbeth points

- lady Macbeth ambitious 'spirits' link to supernatural
Contrast to end 'the thane of fife had a wife' half rhyme half as powerful so she's got half the connection to the supernatural
And so ambition doesn't last

And supernatural are actually Macbeth mind

Macbeth points

Lady Macbeth said how he's too full of the 'MILK' which is a divine colour
Contrast to the blood - red and so devilish
Fall of his goo- like biblical fall

+ lady ms soliloquy- her power- yet female power led to shot- so Shakespeare says- maintain patriarchy

?? Hopefully no one write that- it felt good
Reply 37
Original post by Jayden_Marks
Did anyone talk about the ending scene with Macbeth ambition to continue fighting despite his losses "why shall I die the roman fool and at my own sword" as it was roman tradition to commit suicide as an honourable death however Shakespeare gives him a chance to redeem himself and allows him to have an honorouble death where he dies fighting so the audience would seen him as a tragic hero than a villain. Overall reinforcing the genre of the play being a tradegy.

Also how else went crazy with the context and began including it everywhere necessary!!! 😄😄 :smile: ✋🏼✋🏼

No words needed 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Reply 38
thats so good omg. i wrote about the wedding night quote but said it was emotional blackmail towards victor, cant remember what else i put

Ty. What do you reckon you got

When I saw ambition and the monster I thought it was a blessing 😂😂
My Macbeth points

- lady Macbeth ambitious 'spirits' link to supernatural
Contrast to end 'the thane of fife had a wife' half rhyme half as powerful so she's got half the connection to the supernatural
And so ambition doesn't last

And supernatural are actually Macbeth mind

Macbeth points

Lady Macbeth said how he's too full of the 'MILK' which is a divine colour
Contrast to the blood - red and so devilish
Fall of his goo- like biblical fall

+ lady ms soliloquy- her power- yet female power led to shot- so Shakespeare says- maintain patriarchy

?? Hopefully no one write that- it felt good

i was gunna write about how L macbeths language echhoed the witches and how she used iambic pentameter in act 1 but prose in act 5 which shows the decline in her importance and power but i didn't think it was linked to ambition :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending