The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im not certain.

But I doubt that its gonna make a difference.
I think its just that gel pens might be more messier. Just as long as they can read it im sure its fine.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by franku
Hey,
Wondering if anyone could help me - I was never told I couldn't use a gel pen. 'Black ink' was the instruction given, and only today during my literature exams did I see that gel pens were prohibited - I've done six exams with a gel pen so far. Will I be penalised? Should I contact someone in my school? Panicking a little bit because I don't want anything stupid to happen off such a silly reason.
Thanks.

Wish to say something helpful but they won't get scanned and they're already sent off

Unlucky
Reply 3
We're told not to use gel pen because it can cause a glare when scanned

Hopefully yours won't and will still be readable!!
Reply 4
You'll be fine.
Original post by Anand3761
Wish to say something helpful but they won't get scanned and they're already sent off

Unlucky

Nonsense
Original post by franku
Hey,
Wondering if anyone could help me - I was never told I couldn't use a gel pen. 'Black ink' was the instruction given, and only today during my literature exams did I see that gel pens were prohibited - I've done six exams with a gel pen so far. Will I be penalised? Should I contact someone in my school? Panicking a little bit because I don't want anything stupid to happen off such a silly reason.
Thanks.

I really depends on the type of gel pen. I accidentally used a black one in my AQA Law AS exam and mine still got marked.

Hopefully yours will be the same.
Original post by gdunne42
Nonsense

Stfu it's a black pen- they scan for black pen, if I didn't matter they wouldn't exaggerate the importance of. A black pen
It'll be fine as long as it's not smudged or unreadable. Gel pens aren't used due to the fact they can smudge but as long as it is readable you shouldn't worry too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franku
Hey,
Thanks.

There are several potential problems with gel pens including bleed through (where the ink soaks through to the other side of the paper making it difficult or even impossible to read), fading if accidentally exposed to heat or bright sunlight and some are liable to smudging or vulnerable to accidental liquid spills. In 99.999% of cases there will be absolutely no problem. If they can't read the scanned image they will retrieve your original script for hand marking. you will not be penalised.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
I used a biro for my literature because it specified it on the paper, but I find gel pens more comfortable and on the other exam papers I've done it said 'use black ink or ball-point pen'. I'll be rather annoyed if anything averse happens because I have never been told not to use gel pens.
Reply 11
And thank you for your responses :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by franku
Hey,
Thanks.

I believe papers that have problems with them (e.g. ones that are written in an unfavourable colour for the scanner) are marked by hand instead, so I seriously doubt there'll be a problem :smile:
Yes, you will get 0 on all your papers and permanently banned from all exams for 5 years
Reply 14
gel pens are fine, if the computer is unable to read it, it would be marked by hand!!! no worries :smile:
Well, I am also in trouble because I have been using gel pens since they are easier for me to write with. I am sure it will be alright, since when I did my early eantry maths exam in year 10, I ended up writing in pencil half way through since I used a pencil to draw a graph, I think, but they still marked it and I got an A so... I am hoping nothing happens.:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:
Reply 16
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Yes, you will get 0 on all your papers and permanently banned from all exams for 5 years

shame was looking forward to doing a levels :frown:
Original post by franku
shame was looking forward to doing a levels :frown:

Looking forward to A levels, lmao are you clinically insane?
Tell me if you feel like that in a year
Reply 18
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Looking forward to A levels, lmao are you clinically insane?
Tell me if you feel like that in a year

sure
How will they not get scanned 😂😂😂😂
Original post by Anand3761

Unlucky

Latest