The Student Room Group

Revision Question for GCSE

For me I have found a pattern that the subjects I tend to do best in is because of a lot of Past Paper revision I had done. Therefore, Is it possible I only do past paper revision for my GCSEs? This means no note taking, which I hate, and flashcards? (which i also hate) ?
Reply 1
Original post by ekiraiai
For me I have found a pattern that the subjects I tend to do best in is because of a lot of Past Paper revision I had done. Therefore, Is it possible I only do past paper revision for my GCSEs? This means no note taking, which I hate, and flashcards? (which i also hate) ?

That’s what I did for GCSEs and I got four 8s, three 7s and a 6. Most GCSEs don’t even need much revision tbh but it’s good that you’re conscientious. When I was doing them though, any revision I did was mostly past papers with some flash cards.

Past papers/exam-styled questions are pretty much the most fool-proof way to pass gcses (obviously depends on the subject, but I'm speaking from a general pov) - just as long as you use them in the most effective way. Doing things like using the mark scheme to note down where you went wrong for certain questions with particular emphasis for 6 markers/essay questions and also using the examiners report to see where most people went wrong on that year's gcse paper.
Don't forget to use the specification from your exam board to see the main topics you gotta look at (you can use it as a sort of checklist).

Hope that helps and good luck!
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Past papers/exam-styled questions are pretty much the most fool-proof way to pass gcses (obviously depends on the subject, but I'm speaking from a general pov) - just as long as you use them in the most effective way. Doing things like using the mark scheme to note down where you went wrong for certain questions with particular emphasis for 6 markers/essay questions and also using the examiners report to see where most people went wrong on that year's gcse paper.
Don't forget to use the specification from your exam board to see the main topics you gotta look at (you can use it as a sort of checklist).

Hope that helps and good luck!

Okay ! Thank You!

Yes past papers are your best friend but it is also good to refresh your basics! I hated note taking so what I used to do was blurting, get a white board and a pen and jot down everything you know about that topic and identify your weak points (you’re using active recall which is great) then watch a video of that weak point then do exam questions! Easy way to bag a grade 9

Quick Reply

Latest