The Student Room Group

(OLD SPEC) Edexcel GCSE Maths Non-Calc Paper 1 25th May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by AngryWalrus
The highest I saw it in the past grade boundaries was 105 for a B. Hoping it will be lower this time, due to the difficulty of the first exam. Is it at all common for people to do terribly in the non calculator exam and then achieve a high grade by getting a big mark on the calculator one?

I'm going there as well! :smile: Best of luck bud.

It's probably more common than you actually think. People always have preferences on one paper than the other. That's why some people do a lot better in one than the other. :smile:
Original post by S2M
It's probably more common than you actually think. People always have preferences on one paper than the other. That's why some people do a lot better in one than the other. :smile:

Hope so! Looking at the questions in the last paper I think I might have got 20 marks? Pretty terrible lol. Been getting 70ish on the non calculator past papers though so
Yeah it was quite hard I think some people do good calculator paper than non calculator

Posted from TSR Mobile
And get high marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Hope so! Looking at the questions in the last paper I think I might have got 20 marks? Pretty terrible lol. Been getting 70ish on the non calculator past papers though so

About 85 marks you'll need for the next paper.
Original post by S2M
About 85 marks you'll need for the next paper.

From 70 to 85 doesn't seem too bad. Funnily enough, I'm on my way to the library right now :smile:
Reply 786
From 70 to 85 doesn't seem too bad. Funnily enough, I'm on my way to the library right now :smile:

That's good, you can revise there now. :smile:
Yeah I revised

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school did a predicted paper and it was 169

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Original post by princess770

85 out of 100?
Reply 792

Out of 200? What paper was this?

Strange paper. I would have thought it would be out of 200
Strange paper. I would have thought it would be out of 200

Wait what? All edexcel papers are out of 200 for the old spec
It was predicted it was made by my college

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah for edexcel it's 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did any of you get the trigonometry question at the end of the 2017 calculator predicted paper by maths genie? I swear I just couldn't see it until my tutor showed me what he did but you had to do so much. I hope there is nothing as hard as that on the paper on Thursday. I don't mind sine and cosine for the most part but this had four different stages of working out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending