The Student Room Group

Official AS and A2 Level Edexcel Chemistry 2017 (OLD SPEC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kaka121
Did you get 1,1,4 di ethyl something?
And for H-F bonds highly exo did you say
HF are strong and others are weak 😫?
And lastly for isomer did you get 2 methyl prop1ene?

I just remembered one, which one did you put for high bp and mp?? I think I put covalent or ionic
Reply 21
Original post by Cal1234
I just remembered one, which one did you put for high bp and mp?? I think I put covalent or ionic

Yeah that was 100% ionic and covalent
For now, in section A I know I got first 10 marks all right, but I think I got 3/20 wrong, the copper chromium colour, the naming with octane probably and let's say another random one I don't remember, but I was 100% sure for like 15/20
Reply 22
Original post by Kaka121
Yeah that was 100% ionic and covalent
For now, in section A I know I got first 10 marks all right, but I think I got 3/20 wrong, the copper chromium colour, the naming with octane probably and let's say another random one I don't remember, but I was 100% sure for like 15/20

Oh yeah, last thing about section A,
What did you put for enthalpy?! There were answers like +25, -25, +60, -60
Reply 23
Ok so far I think I got the same answers as you guys except the relative abundance one. I got equal percentage abundance
Reply 24
Original post by Kaka121

I remember getting +25 for this but I don't remember what the question was asking
Reply 25
Original post by Kaka121

I think I put +25, yeah I think I've dropped around 3 on mcq
Reply 26
Original post by anonest
I remember getting +25 for this but I don't remember what the question was asking

Yeah i got +25 too, yessssss I was worried about that haha, I believe it was enthalpy is reaction or something sweet, I got 17-1820 in section A then, which I'm happy with
Reply 27
Original post by Kaka121
Yeah I got same formula, and displayed was 2 double bonds,
For low heat capacity and polystyrene cup I put less heat loss therefore temp increase would be more accurate? And low heat capacity therefore ewuipment would absorb less heat and some other stuff,
Emphieical formula was 2:2:3 for Na question
And empirical for Allene was CH2 and formula for CnH2n?

Struggled a bit with the last question, didn't realise there were 2 double bonds until I drew it out. Glad someone else got that. Also got 223 for Na empirical question, I almost crossed it out thinking I was wrong. Thank God I didn't.
Reply 28
Thought someone would have made an unofficial mark scheme by now tbh
Reply 29
For the question how you measure lattice energy, did you guys put born-Haber cycle?? I stupidly spelt it as borne-haber do you think I'd still get the mark😂😂
Reply 30
Original post by anonest
Struggled a bit with the last question, didn't realise there were 2 double bonds until I drew it out. Glad someone else got that. Also got 223 for Na empirical question, I almost crossed it out thinking I was wrong. Thank God I didn't.

Haha yeah it was definitely 223, lucky you didn't need cross it out
Reply 31
Original post by Cal1234
For the question how you measure lattice energy, did you guys put born-Haber cycle?? I stupidly spelt it as borne-haber do you think I'd still get the mark😂😂

WAIT I put "borne" too, I swear that was right??
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by anonest

There are not double bonds. The compound formed is c10h18.... a single bond between two card free radicals on each of the free radical cyclo pentanes
Reply 33
Original post by Cal1234

You'd probably still get the mark, knowing edexcel they'd be like phonetic spelling or something like that
Reply 34
Original post by jj.wally
There are not double bonds. The compound formed is c10h18.... a single bond between two card free radicals on each of the free radical cyclo pentanes

But it's a termination reaction, free radicals get used up
Original post by anonest
But it's a termination reaction, free radicals get used up

Yeah the 2 free radicals react together to form 1 single bond between 2 carbons

If you simplify it then imagine its 2 ch3 radicals binding together..... you for c2h6 which has all single bonds
Reply 36
Original post by jj.wally
Yeah the 2 free radicals react together to form 1 single bond between 2 carbons

If you simplify it then imagine its 2 ch3 radicals binding together..... you for c2h6 which has all single bonds

Ohhhh that makes sense, I guess that's another mark gone. I was thinking I could be right cos the question said hydrocarbon and alkenes are hydrocarbons but oh well
Reply 37
What did you guys put for the first stage in the process of converting crude oil to pentane??
Reply 38
Original post by Cal1234
What did you guys put for the first stage in the process of converting crude oil to pentane??

I wrote fractional distillation but that's obviously wrong :smile:)))
Reply 39
Original post by anonest
I wrote fractional distillation but that's obviously wrong :smile:)))

I put frac distillation first then changed to vaporisation but starting to doubt it the more I think about it😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending