The Student Room Group

A level Chemistry Uplearn

My school has got uplearn and want students to pay a fee (not as expensive compared to buying it by yourself). For Chemistry we do Edexcel but Uplearn syllabus is aqa and OCR. What is the most similar syllabus to Edexcel and is it even worth paying for A level Chemistry Uplearn if they don't have my exam board (Edexcel).
Original post by 3redff
My school has got uplearn and want students to pay a fee (not as expensive compared to buying it by yourself). For Chemistry we do Edexcel but Uplearn syllabus is aqa and OCR. What is the most similar syllabus to Edexcel and is it even worth paying for A level Chemistry Uplearn if they don't have my exam board (Edexcel).

Edexcel is mostly similar to OCR A and AQA, but there are some differences in content. I can think of a number of topics not included on the Edexcel spec that you may find on either OCR A or AQA (e.g DNA chemistry, the directing effect and nucleophilic addition-elimination) and topics included on the Edexcel spec that are not on the OCR A or AQA specifications (e.g Entropy of the surroundings and total entropy, SN1 and SN2 nucleophilic substitution, thermal decomposition of group 1 and 2 nitrates/carbonates and grignard reagents). There are also differences in what transition metal ions you study the reactions of.

I would use the opportunity they are giving you, but Seneca is probably the best bet you have as one of their dedicated courses is Edexcel A level chemistry.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest