The Student Room Group

how do you write a literature review?

a literature review for existing VR e-learning applications and software??

how would i write it, what would be the structure?

thanks
Original post by study beats
a literature review for existing VR e-learning applications and software??

how would i write it, what would be the structure?

thanks

You would usually have different subsections that discuss your main idea(s).
Literature review is when you find different studies done on a particular subject/area and you basically discuss the different viewpoints (arguing for and against).

So in your case, you would probably have subsections like this:

- history of VR and its importance in today's 21st century
- history of e-learning and its importance in today's 21st century (here, you can say that VR is one form of e-learning)
- types of applications/software used in VR

Something along those lines. Ultimately, you would wanna discuss pros and cons of every single argument you present done by different researchers. There's no one right structure for a literature review. As long as it's neat, clear and organized, you're good.

Also, some include an intro section with the literature review but I prefer having a separate intro section which goes right before the literature review. In your intro, you can rephrase your research question and discuss the main objectives of your paper and what you're trying to investigate/examine/prove/disprove etc. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by satisfactionatlast
You would usually have different subsections that discuss your main idea(s).
Literature review is when you find different studies done on a particular subject/area and you basically discuss the different viewpoints (arguing for and against).

So in your case, you would probably have subsections like this:

- history of VR and its importance in today's 21st century
- history of e-learning and its importance in today's 21st century (here, you can say that VR is one form of e-learning)
- types of applications/software used in VR

Something along those lines. Ultimately, you would wanna discuss pros and cons of every single argument you present done by different researchers. There's no one right structure for a literature review. As long as it's neat, clear and organized, you're good.

Also, some include an intro section with the literature review but I prefer having a separate intro section which goes right before the literature review. In your intro, you can rephrase your research question and discuss the main objectives of your paper and what you're trying to investigate/examine/prove/disprove etc. Good luck! :smile:

hi, thanks for your reply

well basically i am doing the literature review individually for each existing product rather than doing as one whole...

so how would i structure my literature review for one specific existing application and then do the same for another one?
Original post by study beats
hi, thanks for your reply

well basically i am doing the literature review individually for each existing product rather than doing as one whole...

so how would i structure my literature review for one specific existing application and then do the same for another one?

No problem :smile: What are your products?
Original post by satisfactionatlast
No problem :smile: What are your products?

for example, if i chose this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stereoinmotion.anatomyou
bump
bump

So the same format would apply.
You would need to start off with a subsection that explains what VR is, its history, how it emerged etc and then talk about its impact on e-learning .. then state the different applications that exist and state which ones you're going to be discussing .. from there onwards, depending on how many applications you have chosen (e.g 5) each subsection will be named after that application and then you can introduce the app, talk about it, what it does, its purpose, how it's relevant to VR and more importantly real life examples of how it helped or could help VR in an e-learning background. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending