The Student Room Group

Aqa as chemistry paper 2 2017 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tippypro
Anyone use pencils for the mechanisms and drawings? Are we allowed to?

I don't think so, I think pencils are only allowed for graphs, but ask your teacher
Original post by tippypro
Anyone use pencils for the mechanisms and drawings? Are we allowed to?

of course
How have you guys done this test so early? We're about to do this test tomorrow. Is this iGCSE or another exam board (we're doing AQA)? Thanks peeps!
Reply 103
Hey does anyone the test?
Original post by YousraHaji
How have you guys done this test so early? We're about to do this test tomorrow. Is this iGCSE or another exam board (we're doing AQA)? Thanks peeps!

This is AS aqa
Original post by YousraHaji

this is AS level new specification AQA
Hey guys, just wondering whether anyone knows if examiners still mark additional paper even if you don't write "See extra paper" on the exam paper. I did this in most exams by using additional paper without the "see extra paper", but I gave the required details on my additional paper sheet. Thanks!
Original post by Account user
Hey guys, just wondering whether anyone knows if examiners still mark additional paper even if you don't write "See extra paper" on the exam paper. I did this in most exams by using additional paper without the "see extra paper", but I gave the required details on my additional paper sheet. Thanks!

yes, they do still see them, all of the sheets get scanned to the examiner
Reply 108
I put pent-2-ene and 2methyl-but-2-ene for the alkenes, would this be correct? Also put cyclopentane for the one that didn't decolourise bromine water. How many marks would I get?
Original post by MIz90
I put pent-2-ene and 2methyl-but-2-ene for the alkenes, would this be correct? Also put cyclopentane for the one that didn't decolourise bromine water. How many marks would I get?

i wrote the same, hopefully its correct
Original post by MP5829
How do you do this question?

1x1000= 1000cm
1000x0.692= 692g
692x47.8 = 33,100 kj
Original post by MP5829
How do you do this question?

Please upload the whole paper!!
Original post by Liv1234567890
What did everyone get for the empirical/molecular formula one? I got something different, I got CH2 for empirical formula.

It was C3 H.. something because the original number for the carbon was closer to 1.5 so you x2 the whole thing and get C3.....
Original post by MKaur18
I agree with you. I did equilibrium and bonding.. none of that came up.. it was all cyclic stuff which we didnt do much off in school.. i've messed up so badly on paper 2... i think i've lost my chances of getting an A.

Dont worry my man, I got a solid U so I should lower the boundaries for you!
YEAH, i bet you'll come out with an A and suprise us all.
Original post by ScrewTheExams
Dont worry my man, I got a solid U so I should lower the boundaries for you!
Does anyone have the paper and are willing to put it on the thread like on the thread for paper 1? I personally found this paper easier than paper 1 but still hard. Got a feeling I've messed up on the multiple choice so bad as i was pushed for time....
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MKaur18
YEAH, i bet you'll come out with an A and suprise us all.

Nah I didnt even know half of the questioms and the half I did I surely did not get it all right as I didnt really know what I was doing apart from question 1 and part of 2😂😂
Sooo true
Original post by ScrewTheExams
Nah I didnt even know half of the questioms and the half I did I surely did not get it all right as I didnt really know what I was doing apart from question 1 and part of 2😂😂
Is anybody have a copy of paper 2?
Hey guys, really need paper 2 if anyone has a copy?
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending