The Student Room Group

2017 Edexcel Government and Politics A2 2017 - Unit 3 and Unit 4

Scroll to see replies

ive revised nationalism and anarchism properly. Our teacher is useless so weve only been taught unit 3, he just tells us to read stuff and thats it. Idk if i have enough time to go through everything. Lib and conservatism im alright with although i havent looked at past questions yet for them. Anyone else in a similar position.
How is everyone getting on (3b/4b)
Reply 62
Original post by AllanSmith22
How is everyone getting on (3b/4b)

I'm doing 3B
I'm so nervous

What ideologies are you revising?
Original post by 3mmz
I'm doing 3B
I'm so nervous

for unit 3 - conservatism, liberalism and anarchism. for 4 - feminism, nationalism and multiculturalism. only revised a couple properly. Our teacher is useless
Reply 64
for unit 3 - conservatism, liberalism and anarchism. for 4 - feminism, nationalism and multiculturalism. only revised a couple properly. Our teacher is useless

Same
My teacher is so bad as well. I'm legit self teaching. I am basically reading Heywood everyday.
How are you revising?
Original post by 3mmz
Same
My teacher is so bad as well. I'm legit self teaching. I am basically reading Heywood everyday.
How are you revising?

I've only just started but typing up notes then highlighting, colour for theorists, sub ideologies, other ideologies and examples. Then doing detailed plans for 15 markers, haven't got round to 45. Wbu
Reply 66
Original post by chronicmusic
Any insight into this then? Do they have any tips or ideas of things likely to come up??
message me, I have a very detailed list of his exact predictions
Reply 67
Original post by LennyBicknel
Anyone got predictions for US politics? In 4C Judiciary will almost certainly come up as a 45 marker - I'm thinking something on activism/restraint? Perhaps something on checks and balances for Constitution. For 3C party divisions seems possible for PP.. Thoughts?

Don't know if you're still looking for this, I have quite an in depth list of predictions from my teacher who's taught US politics 30+ years and works for exam board
Original post by isla.aa
Don't know if you're still looking for this, I have quite an in depth list of predictions from my teacher who's taught US politics 30+ years and works for exam board

I'd love that, thanks :smile:
Original post by isla.aa

Would alslo find it really helpful :smile:
Reply 70
I've only just started but typing up notes then highlighting, colour for theorists, sub ideologies, other ideologies and examples. Then doing detailed plans for 15 markers, haven't got round to 45. Wbu

I just keep reading Heywood and making flash cards for the 15 markers
There is just so much to remember man
Have you got any predictions
Original post by 3mmz
I'm doing 3B
I'm so nervous

'revising' might be a bit of an overstatement but im doing liberalism, anarchism and conservatism for unit 3. Not that ive actually started
Reply 72
'revising' might be a bit of an overstatement but im doing liberalism, anarchism and conservatism for unit 3. Not that ive actually started

Same as me
Have you revised a lot of quotes? That's what I'm trying to memorise
What about unit 4?
Original post by 3mmz
Same as me
Have you revised a lot of quotes? That's what I'm trying to memorise
What about unit 4?

I know a fair few even though the core content is more important than theorists but i guess most questions will use quotes rather than examples
Reply 74
Guys im struggling and in need of some advice.

Exams are round the corner and I've done no revision for politics due to extraneous factors. So to cut the long story short, do you think I could achieve at least a C if I memorized all the 45 and 15 markers from all of the past papers from my units, especially as they tend to repeat questions?
Original post by dmy15

Exams are round the corner and I've done no revision for politics due to extraneous factors. So to cut the long story short, do you think I could achieve at least a C if I memorized all the 45 and 15 markers from all of the past papers from my units, especially as they tend to repeat questions?

If you're essay technique is decent i don't see why you couldn't aim for higher. The basic content for pol isnt that much, its just how much time are you willing to spend looking for specific examples and quotes.
Reply 76
Original post by dmy15

That's the only way to revise for politics. The books are insufficient when formulating a 45 mark answer. Past papers is the only way.
Original post by dmy15

If you wanna memorise the essays I think you should probably do it from the examiners report cause sometimes the answers to the paper are a bit limiting or won't really make much sense if it's not written out for you to see, maybe after you've got that for 5 years try and make a quick plan of the stuff you could involve then compare it to the marksheme / examiners report

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by The_Dragon_
If you're essay technique is decent i don't see why you couldn't aim for higher. The basic content for pol isnt that much, its just how much time are you willing to spend looking for specific examples and quotes.

Original post by Foji
That's the only way to revise for politics. The books are insufficient when formulating a 45 mark answer. Past papers is the only way.

Original post by mollyadtr
If you wanna memorise the essays I think you should probably do it from the examiners report cause sometimes the answers to the paper are a bit limiting or won't really make much sense if it's not written out for you to see, maybe after you've got that for 5 years try and make a quick plan of the stuff you could involve then compare it to the marksheme / examiners report

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys, Im worried that they may throw in a question thats never been done before:s-smilie: But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Does anyone have any predictions for unit 3B and 4B?
Original post by Foji

The mark schemes are taken from the books so clearly the books are more than sufficient for writing 45s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending