The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit2 Higher Paper GCSE/14th June

Hi guys, how did you all do?
I think it wasn't too bad, I kind of liked it to be honest. I have a feeling the grade boundary may be low for this because my friends said there were challenging aspects to it in the sense of remembering information.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thought it was pretty good

If you look at the 2014 paper it is very similar, almost as if they have copied and pasted some questions into this paper
Original post by themann27
Thought it was pretty good

If you look at the 2014 paper it is very similar, almost as if they have copied and pasted some questions into this paper

I just had a look at the 2014 paper and my god. Some of them are almost god damn identical.
Reply 3
Really easy, most of the stuff I revised the most on came up. Plus I recognised questions from similar past papers (ie. graphite and diamond), I'm so glad chemistry is over!
#SexyChemistry
Original post by grace k
Really easy, most of the stuff I revised the most on came up. Plus I recognised questions from similar past papers (ie. graphite and diamond), I'm so glad chemistry is over!

Graphite and diamond? No such thing was in the exam done today.
Reply 6
What did you guys get for the calculations question ?
yessssss no more science other than tommorow !!!!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by Nikitastones2112
yessssss no more science other than tommorow !!!!!!!

P2 is on friday
Reply 9
Original post by yasminxsarah

Yeah exactly I think they mean silicon dioxide and simple molecules
Original post by f_20011
What did you guys get for the calculations question ?

People have said the atomic mass question was 7.95g , i can't remember what I put, i need the question so i can work it out again
Original post by Rhiarichardsx
People have said the atomic mass question was 7.95g , i can't remember what I put, i need the question so i can work it out again

I put 7.95g, everyone I spoke to did too.
I'm too sexy for my shirt
Too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts
Reply 13
Original post by Classof2017
I put 7.95g, everyone I spoke to did too.

How many oxygen atoms were there though
such a good paper, easy questions and good 6 marker.
Reply 15
Original post by yasminxsarah

Oh shoot, posted in the wrong thread 😂 I'm on edexcel
Yeah wasnt even that hard imo I remembered pretty much everything. For the electrolysis question about why sodium wasn't produced I guessed because of positive hydrogen ions were formed instead and I'm sure that's right lol.

What do you thing the grade boundary will be for an A*? I reckon I'm in the middle of an A/A* on both C2 and C3. Easiest science papers by far imo.
Original post by f_20011
P2 is on friday

yeh, ahaha thats what i meant lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending