The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is nhill32!

I'm studying... I am a Media Arts Graduate from Plymouth University, having achieved a Third Class Honours degree due to going through extremely difficult times in my final year with my mother in and out of hospital, being sexually harassed by pupils on my course, threatened by my abusive ex-boyfriend at the time, in addition developing Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Despite explaining my difficulties and asking to take a gap year, the application was declined by my tutors, who I felt were setting me up to fail. I was originally at University of St Mark and St John and I was excelling in my subjects, achieving First class or 2:1's in all subjects, however, upon these hard times and difficulties my mind and heart were no longer in media, instead shifting my interest to medicine, health and social care. My degree results in Media do not show my capabilities, I went from being a Straight B and First Class Honours student to achieving Third Class Honours. I am 200% determined to prove I would make an amazing Doctor, because I know I would and I already make a difference as a health care assistant; I want to do more and I will achieve a 2:1 or First Class Honours in a medicine degree. I have been going to counselling over the last three years since I studied, I've done work experience shadowing a Doctor at Derriford Hospital, I learnt to have more control over my Complex PTSD and transformed myself into the person I want to be, I know I would make an outstanding Doctor and that I can make a difference so to have the opportunity to do so and for someone to take a chance on me, I would not let them down.

I'm interested in... Medicine, Health and Social care, literature, Japanese, Travelling the world, Hiking, Psychology, Nursing. My main goal is to revolutionise medicine and offer medical support in less developed countries and to prove no matter how challenging things can be, you can turn it around and be who you want to be. I want to inspire and make a difference.

My study level is... Other

Quick Reply

Latest