The Student Room Group

First ever job interview, what to wear?

I've never had a job before, but I've applied for a few and today I got a call from one fo the community pharmacies in my local town asking if I could come in for an interview on Tuesday.

I said yes of course and I'm not really too fussed about the questions and such because I figured I'd have a couple of ideas for answers in my head but just answer naturally.

My only worry is what to wear. I've got a pair on plain black trousers so I figured I'd wear them with flats. I'm not too sure about the top half though, I don't have many 'formal' type clothes and I'm not even sure if it's all that formal seeing as it's only a small community pharmacy.

Help please? :smile:
Reply 1
Wear a shirt; take a tie and judge it when you get there. Just make sure that it's clear you've made an effort - as long as you don't turn up in tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie you should be fine! :smile:
Reply 2
The only shirt I own is a black one, and I don't think dressing head to toe in black would look very good hehe
Reply 3
Well I think at this time it will be had for you to get a fancy or a designer shirt. Go for soemthing basic and simple try Asda's in your area they should have shirts, so just help your self,I think a white or light blue shirt will be fine.
A black shirt will be fine, nothing wrong with black shirt/trousers. It's what they wear in M&S isn't it, lol?
Reply 5
Yeah, I'll see if I can find anything when I go out tomorrow (not that the place I'm going has a lot of clothes shops), but if not it'll either be the black shirt or unless I can rustle up something else lol

Latest

Trending

Trending