The Student Room Group

NHS non-clinical work clothes

Hi so next week I start my new job at the NHS. I’ll be working in clinical trials doing mostly admin work and won’t be coming into contact with patients. I don’t have a uniform and have just been told to dress ‘smart casual’. I’m stressing a bit about what to wear? I’m female btw, I’ve got a few pairs of trousers in different colours and some smart white trainers that I wore to my interview. Top wise I do have a couple shirts but they’re really out my comfort zone and I don’t know if they suit me. I was thinking about just getting some plain long sleeve tops in different colours and maybe a cardigan to go with. Would this be suitable? Has anyone else had experience with NHS work clothes or even just an office/admin job and can give me some ideas ty
That's fine for a smart-casual office job. Anything more than jeans and a t-shirt is really the goal there.
Original post by Articultr
Hi so next week I start my new job at the NHS. I’ll be working in clinical trials doing mostly admin work and won’t be coming into contact with patients. I don’t have a uniform and have just been told to dress ‘smart casual’. I’m stressing a bit about what to wear? I’m female btw, I’ve got a few pairs of trousers in different colours and some smart white trainers that I wore to my interview. Top wise I do have a couple shirts but they’re really out my comfort zone and I don’t know if they suit me. I was thinking about just getting some plain long sleeve tops in different colours and maybe a cardigan to go with. Would this be suitable? Has anyone else had experience with NHS work clothes or even just an office/admin job and can give me some ideas ty

Wear what feels right in your wardrobe for the first few days and watch what others are wearing. If you feel you are way out of touch, then you may need to plan a bit of shopping. No-one will worry if they see you adapt over time, and frankly, the dress standards are likely to be to the more casual end of the scale, unless you are in management or outward facing in a representative role. As above, not jeans and a t-shirt, but anything smarter than that is likely to be absolutely fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending