The Student Room Group

BT Graduate Scheme

Hi, has anyone completed this years BT graduate scheme online interview that has 9 questions. would be great to have any insight on questions being asked.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by student20002000
Hi, has anyone completed this years BT graduate scheme online interview that has 9 questions. would be great to have any insight on questions being asked.

Hi, I have just completed my online assessment but the video interview is locked. Was this the same for you or were you able to do the interview straight away after your online assessment
Reply 2
Original post by zack0
Hi, I have just completed my online assessment but the video interview is locked. Was this the same for you or were you able to do the interview straight away after your online assessment

What was the online assessment like, was it through SHL?
Reply 3
I just completed my assessment yesterday and right after that my video interview was made available on the SHL platform. I saw that there are 9 questions, do you guys know what are they about?
Reply 4
I seem to remember it involved a lot of questions surrounding experience you have had. i.e. Name a time when you had this and what did you do to… etc.
Reply 5
Has anyone heard back from them regarding assessment centres yet. I got an email almost a month ago saything they have received my video interview but got no other emails from them as of yet.
Reply 6
Original post by zack0
Has anyone heard back from them regarding assessment centres yet. I got an email almost a month ago saything they have received my video interview but got no other emails from them as of yet.

I got an email saying I had passed the video interview and they will look to update in January. I don’t know if this means AC, or if it is automated and basically everyone gets it.
Reply 7
Original post by xlrspin
I got an email saying I had passed the video interview and they will look to update in January. I don’t know if this means AC, or if it is automated and basically everyone gets it.

When did you receive the email.
Reply 8
Original post by zack0

When did you receive the email.

5th of December. It's for Cyber Security.
Reply 9
Original post by xlrspin
5th of December. It's for Cyber Security.

Hey, how long did it take for a reply? I completed mine fairly recently
Reply 10
Original post by domdom9901

Hey, how long did it take for a reply? I completed mine fairly recently

I submitted my video interview on the 14th of November and I got the email confirming I had “passed” on the 5th of December.
Reply 11
Original post by xlrspin

No It's not AC, but it's surely good news you passed the video interview part haha.
Reply 12
Original post by Sammm1

No It's not AC, but it's surely good news you passed the video interview part haha.

It’s all very vague. The semantics and terminology these companies use to describe what feels like purgatory amazes me. “You’ve passed, but you haven’t really passed so don’t get too comfortable.” Lol.
Reply 13
Original post by xlrspin
It’s all very vague. The semantics and terminology these companies use to describe what feels like purgatory amazes me. “You’ve passed, but you haven’t really passed so don’t get too comfortable.” Lol.

I received an email saying that I passed the interview in December. I would be very disappointed if they told me that I passed the interview but cannot progress to the next stage. That would mean that I have not "passed".
Reply 14
Original post by Skyd4

I received an email saying that I passed the interview in December. I would be very disappointed if they told me that I passed the interview but cannot progress to the next stage. That would mean that I have not "passed".

So would I, but honestly I just wouldn’t put it past them. Otherwise why wouldn’t they just invite us to the assessment centre? But good luck either way. Hope it comes through for you.
Reply 15
Original post by xlrspin
So would I, but honestly I just wouldn’t put it past them. Otherwise why wouldn’t they just invite us to the assessment centre? But good luck either way. Hope it comes through for you.

Good luck to you too!
Reply 16
Original post by Skyd4

LOL... I read in the previous year's threads that they often reject people who passed the AC stage as well, so it wouldn't be such a surprise!
Reply 17
Original post by Skyd4

hi, what role did you apply for ?
Reply 18
Original post by study145
hi, what role did you apply for ?

Hi, I replied for the cyber security grad scheme.
Reply 19
Original post by Skyd4
Hi, I replied for the cyber security grad scheme.

okay! i applied for product and got a similar email so i didn’t know if it was role based or not, hopefully we get a response soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending