The Student Room Group

Third in second year, what should I do

I got a third in second year, averaged out at 49%. My second year was worth 40% and my final year is worth 60%. I would like to graduate with a 2:1 and am willing to do the work in order to do so. Is this possible? And if so, what grades would I need to be aiming for in my final year?Thanks
Original post by Ciarat1997
I got a third in second year, averaged out at 49%. My second year was worth 40% and my final year is worth 60%. I would like to graduate with a 2:1 and am willing to do the work in order to do so. Is this possible? And if so, what grades would I need to be aiming for in my final year?Thanks

You will need 67.3% in 3rd year for a 2:1
Original post by Ciarat1997

You'll need to get close to a first in your final year. I'd aim for a bit above a first, just to give you a bit of a safety net. Are there any particular reasons why you got a third in second year?

P.S It's not too hard to work out exactly what percentage you need in your final year, just work out what score you have now, and work out what you need to add to that to get a 2:1.
What course? If you do something stem then it shouldn't really be a problem as it's a lot easier to get higher marks than in essay based subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending