The Student Room Group

CPR - Evidence and funding

Hi there

I need some advice/opinions. I am doing a 4 year dual degree with foundation year and started in 2020/2021.

I passed my foundation fine but wasn't able to pass my first year - because of illness and changing a major module the first time and then second time (this year) I took a study break due to ongoing illness. So basically I've used 3 years of funding (1st for foundation year, second for first year and gift funding for first year again) so I'm essentially applying for my first year a third time with sf and I will be applying for a Compellingpersonal reason. I have a letter from my gp and they mention my illness from January 2021 (when i joined that gp) and briefly talked about how it stopped me from going to uni, then mentioned what meds I've been given and referrals that's been sent. The GP also mentioned that they suggested I take the year off and start again in the new year. I also have my personal tutor writing a supporting statement, photos of the medication I'm taking and an email from the referrals. Would this be enough? Do I need to have my gp mention all the small details of my health/illness in their letter too? I was planning to write all the small details and issues in my Cover Letter and expand on everything there. If I need to add more to my gp letter or evidence pile, what should I add?
I was told on the phone by SF that my first and second year would not be funded unless I had a CPR for the years 2021/22 and 2022/23. Could I apply for both years using the one CPR application? But I had thought that since my degree is 4 + 1 (gift) years that I would have 2 years left? Since I have used 3 years already and I'm applying for my (3rd) first year using CPR, wouldn't there be 2 years left for my second and third year? Since the CPR is for an 'extra' year of funding I wouldn't otherwise get?
If its the case that I no longer have 2 years left and can't fund my second year next year, would my evidence I mentioned be enough to make a CPR application for the last 2 years? I would not be able to survive uni if I couldn't get any funding for any of the years.

To reiterate, is my evidence enough for a CPR application? (More specifically what my gp wrote) .
If i can't have funding for my second year without CPR, would this same evidence be enough to explain my illness for the last 2 academic years (2021-now) when I send my CPR application for the coming year?
How many years of funding would I have left on a 4 (+1) year course if I have used 3 years already and plan to use CPR for an extra year of funding? (Provided my last year is funded)

I know I've asked a lot of questions, but my unis student services told me they can't really help me and I got off the phone with student finance which confused and worried me more because the lady said I won't have my first and second year funded! (Still super confused as to why my second year won't be funded since I've used 3 out of 5 years so should have 2 years left for 2nd and 3rd year??? Since CPR is an EXTRA year for my first year? I'm so confused)
Original post by Nogpop
Hi there

I need some advice/opinions. I am doing a 4 year dual degree with foundation year and started in 2020/2021.

I passed my foundation fine but wasn't able to pass my first year - because of illness and changing a major module the first time and then second time (this year) I took a study break due to ongoing illness. So basically I've used 3 years of funding (1st for foundation year, second for first year and gift funding for first year again) so I'm essentially applying for my first year a third time with sf and I will be applying for a Compellingpersonal reason. I have a letter from my gp and they mention my illness from January 2021 (when i joined that gp) and briefly talked about how it stopped me from going to uni, then mentioned what meds I've been given and referrals that's been sent. The GP also mentioned that they suggested I take the year off and start again in the new year. I also have my personal tutor writing a supporting statement, photos of the medication I'm taking and an email from the referrals. Would this be enough? Do I need to have my gp mention all the small details of my health/illness in their letter too? I was planning to write all the small details and issues in my Cover Letter and expand on everything there. If I need to add more to my gp letter or evidence pile, what should I add?
I was told on the phone by SF that my first and second year would not be funded unless I had a CPR for the years 2021/22 and 2022/23. Could I apply for both years using the one CPR application? But I had thought that since my degree is 4 + 1 (gift) years that I would have 2 years left? Since I have used 3 years already and I'm applying for my (3rd) first year using CPR, wouldn't there be 2 years left for my second and third year? Since the CPR is for an 'extra' year of funding I wouldn't otherwise get?
If its the case that I no longer have 2 years left and can't fund my second year next year, would my evidence I mentioned be enough to make a CPR application for the last 2 years? I would not be able to survive uni if I couldn't get any funding for any of the years.

To reiterate, is my evidence enough for a CPR application? (More specifically what my gp wrote) .
If i can't have funding for my second year without CPR, would this same evidence be enough to explain my illness for the last 2 academic years (2021-now) when I send my CPR application for the coming year?
How many years of funding would I have left on a 4 (+1) year course if I have used 3 years already and plan to use CPR for an extra year of funding? (Provided my last year is funded)

I know I've asked a lot of questions, but my unis student services told me they can't really help me and I got off the phone with student finance which confused and worried me more because the lady said I won't have my first and second year funded! (Still super confused as to why my second year won't be funded since I've used 3 out of 5 years so should have 2 years left for 2nd and 3rd year??? Since CPR is an EXTRA year for my first year? I'm so confused)

Hi there,

If you can contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we can check and calculate your previous study and ensure the CPR has been added to your years. We'll then be able to clarify your eligibility for the final years. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you can contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we can check and calculate your previous study and ensure the CPR has been added to your years. We'll then be able to clarify your eligibility for the final years. Thanks, Jason

Okay will do, I just got the acceptance letter and they won't pay for my uni (I haven't even had the chance to give them my CPR application I only applied for student finance like 6 days ago
Reply 3
Edit: I don't know how to find the live chat feature so I'm sending a private message
Original post by Nogpop
Edit: I don't know how to find the live chat feature so I'm sending a private message

Hi there,

Live chats are available Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:30pm.

So, on Monday we'd recommend logging in and the option to live chat with us should appear. You may need to click where it says 'contact us' for this to happen.

If you have any CPR evidence you should always submit it as soon as you can: that way our assessors can tell you for sure whether or not it's acceptable.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending