The Student Room Group

Extended Essay-Due NOV, but no teacher.

Hi, I am a student doing the IB program like countless others, but unfortunately, when I thought all was going well I hit a snag, and I am stuck and frustrated with my school.My physics teacher was brilliant , very productive and also helpfull but due to unforeseen problems he had to move back to the US. It happened late December last year, so this year my classmates and I got a subsititute.

From the very first day, the substitute was helpful only so far, because she wasn't very much acquainted with IB, but nonetheless, she knew most of the topics, so I choose to do my EE in Physics,(because Maths HL was a no go as well as the other subjects seemed way too annoying and basically was something I thought I could get a good grade.) only to discover that she won't be teaching the class this September. =(

So I don't have a teacher for my EE in physics but also that we will have a third substitute. And I am having doubts with my EE which is on wireless power transfer and how the luminosity of an led changes with distance. Which I am not sure is a good topic. Any help or advice I can get on these issues would be of great help.

P.s. Yes, I did discuss with my the substitute (and IB coordinator who is pretty much useless and the fact that it's summer means I can't contact anyone who is likely to reply.) about my EE but don't think it's broad enough to use as an EE topic.

P.s. It will be my first draft for EE
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by K.S.S.P
Hi, I am a student doing the IB program like countless others, but unfortunately, when I thought all was going well I hit a snag, and I am stuck and frustrated with my school.My physics teacher was brilliant , very productive and also helpfull but due to unforeseen problems he had to move back to the US. It happened late December last year, so this year my classmates and I got a subsititute.

From the very first day, the substitute was helpful only so far, because she wasn't very much acquainted with IB, but nonetheless, she knew most of the topics, so I choose to do my EE in Physics,(because Maths HL was a no go as well as the other subjects seemed way too annoying and basically was something I thought I could get a good grade.) only to discover that she won't be teaching the class this September. =(

So I don't have a teacher for my EE in physics but also that we will have a third substitute. And I am having doubts with my EE which is on wireless power transfer and how the luminosity of an led changes with distance. Which I am not sure is a good topic. Any help or advice I can get on these issues would be of great help.

P.s. Yes, I did discuss with my the substitute (and IB coordinator who is pretty much useless and the fact that it's summer means I can't contact anyone who is likely to reply.) about my EE but don't think it's broad enough to use as an EE topic.

P.s. It will be my first draft for EE

Did you keep in contact with either of the other 2? Maybe you can get some guidance from them if they will do some paid private tutoring?

Choosing your topic should have been based on doing some research and thinking what ways you can best demonstrate writing something that meets the criteria they look for. id also say it should be something you have a good interest in.

In some ways the topic doesnt matter, but the way you do your research and write about the issues needs to display your skills. Only do the topic if you have confidence in it. Research and reading a few papers should give you that.

Why not ask on here?
http://physicshelpforum.com/

Half of the essay will be doing enough research and so you can collect and familiarise yourself with that. You can discuss the essay with the new teacher when they arrive. I wouldnt panic just yet.

Some more

https://physics.stackexchange.com/
Physics GRE Forum for prospective and current Physics Graduate StudentsScience ForumsScience Forums.netThe science forum at xkcd
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest