The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do the BTEC National Extended Certificate in one year?

I've dropped chemistry due to poor grades as recommended by my teacher and now am planning to switch to the BTEC National extended certificate in Applied Science.

How do-able is this in one year? As I know I've already missed Units 1 and units 2.
Original post by LoafOfBread05
I've dropped chemistry due to poor grades as recommended by my teacher and now am planning to switch to the BTEC National extended certificate in Applied Science.

How do-able is this in one year? As I know I've already missed Units 1 and units 2.

hello?? anyone??
Reply 2
Original post by LoafOfBread05

have you asked your teacher? i’d assume since the extended certificate is worth one A Level and is taken alongside your other A level subjects, that it would take 2 years but i’m not sure 100% sure
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by ab33k
have you asked your teacher? i’d assume since the extended certificate is worth one A Level and is taken alongside your other A level subjects, that it would take 2 years but i’m not sure 100% sure

They've said it's do-able if I cover the unit 1 content over the summer (which i already have a good understanding of from my a levels), and complete the unit 2 content within the first term but idk if it'll be enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending