The Student Room Group

Ucas application help

I'm applying to universities through UCAS with my college as a reference. However, their deadline is significantly earlier than the official deadline. I've requested an extension to improve my predicted grades because, as an immigrant, I haven't yet reached my full academic potential due to language barriers.

If I were to remove access to my college from my application, can I still get a reference from one of my teachers?

And I'm aware that if I send the application as an individual I will have to add the predicted grades myself, how would UCAS confirm that I've entered the accurate predicted grades?

Thanks.
Original post by AWais__S
If I were to remove access to my college from my application, can I still get a reference from one of my teachers?

If your teacher agrees to it, although your school may have a policy for them not to do so.
And I'm aware that if I send the application as an individual I will have to add the predicted grades myself, how would UCAS confirm that I've entered the accurate predicted grades?

You're mistaken, even if you apply independently it's still your nominated referee that is prompted to provide predictions. There's no circumstances in which you could provide them.

So applying independtly may not resolve the problem you're having of needing more time.
Usually college deadlines are there to allow colleges time to write and add references and to check that you’re on track with producing your sections.

Meet the deadline but talk to your college ucas coordinator to make sure that your application won’t be sent to ucas until January
I agrre, meet the deadline so that the college can start their part of the process but talk to your tutor about your extenuating circumstances and discuss what they can do.
Be prepared in case they can't raise the grades and research courses within the predicted grades you currently have.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Usually college deadlines are there to allow colleges time to write and add references and to check that you’re on track with producing your sections.

Meet the deadline but talk to your college ucas coordinator to make sure that your application won’t be sent to ucas until January

Ive already talked to them but they are not agreeing on giving me an extension. They want to send the application immediately after the 23rd of Nov... What should I do now???
Ive already talked to them but they are not agreeing on giving me an extension. They want to send the application immediately after the 23rd of Nov... What should I do now???

Talk to their boss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending