The Student Room Group

How can I impress the interviewer for applying dental nurse?

I really want to become a dental nurse. Does anyone knows how to impress the interviewer, that it would be a 100% guarantee that they will hire me?

I don't have dental work placement experience, but I have nursery and care assistance experience. Do you think I can make these two different area experience relevant to dental nursing field that I could use for the position?
Reply 1
There are lots of relevant things from your current career that are relevant, like following procedures, team working, caring and even hygiene. Do as much research as you can about the career and selection process too. The careers service might be able to give some interview tips and practice. Above all be positive and enthusiastic. Good luck.
Thanks
I think key to being a dental nurse is being able to follow instructions, to follow a routine ,confidentiality, nice manner with people and maybe an ability to bite your tongue when a dentistor hygienist had a go at you!
Thanks, but how should I perform at the interview I am not ready for it. I want to do the best interview for dental nursing. Need advice for interview.
Reply 5
Original post by G3_LK
I really want to become a dental nurse. Does anyone knows how to impress the interviewer, that it would be a 100% guarantee that they will hire me?

I don't have dental work placement experience, but I have nursery and care assistance experience. Do you think I can make these two different area experience relevant to dental nursing field that I could use for the position?

How comes you chose dental nursing over your work experience with nursting and care assitance?

Just curious :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest