The Student Room Group

dental nurse going to dental hygiene and therapy?

Hey,
I'm a dental nurse applying for the hygiene and therapy course.
Is anyone doing the same? I really wanna discuss it with others or does anyone have experience going into their second year?
Thank you <3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jwal9
Hey,
Is anyone doing the same? I really wanna discuss it with others or does anyone have experience going into their second year?
Thank you <3

Hello! I am also applying for therapy for 2024. I'm a dental nurse. x
Reply 2
Original post by Jwal9
Hey,
Thank you <3

Same here!
Hey I'm a dental nurse also applying, I'm on insta as @Darceysmiles if you want to chat!
Reply 4
Original post by Darceymellen
Hey I'm a dental nurse also applying, I'm on insta as @Darceysmiles if you want to chat!

which uni? 🙂 x
Original post by fayezza
which uni? 🙂 x

All DHT at Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bristol, Birmingham and Cardiff, what about you? x
Reply 6
Original post by fayezza
Hello! I am also applying for therapy for 2024. I'm a dental nurse. x

Hey, I’m in the same position, I’ve been a nurse since 2021 and qualified last year x
I’ve applied to LSBU, Kings, Bristol, Portsmouth and Plymouth. So far I’ve been invited for an interview at LSBU tomorrow and I’ve been put on hold for Bristol. I hope everyone else also receives good news!
Reply 7
Original post by Darceymellen
All DHT at Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bristol, Birmingham and Cardiff, what about you? x

Ive applied for UCLan, Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds! Haven't heard back yet. x
Reply 8
Original post by Rennea
Hey, I’m in the same position, I’ve been a nurse since 2021 and qualified last year x
I’ve applied to LSBU, Kings, Bristol, Portsmouth and Plymouth. So far I’ve been invited for an interview at LSBU tomorrow and I’ve been put on hold for Bristol. I hope everyone else also receives good news!

Good luck for your interview tomorrow, i hope it goes well for you! x
Reply 9
Original post by fayezza
Good luck for your interview tomorrow, i hope it goes well for you! x

Thank you x
Original post by Rennea

Hey, congrats for the interview offer from lsbu! May I ask did you just apply with dental nursing? And what sort of questions did lsbu ask you?
Reply 11
Original post by RohinaMahmood
Hey, congrats for the interview offer from lsbu! May I ask did you just apply with dental nursing? And what sort of questions did lsbu ask you?

I’m applying with both my dental nursing diploma, and a HE access course. They have an interview breakdown on their website that I used to practice as well as general questions, when shortlisted for an interview they provide you with a little more resources to practice from. If you follow what they say, you should be well prepared, I would say just know the basic questions you may get for what you are applying to. I’m sure everyone’s interview is slightly different but, I hope that helped!
Reply 12
hey!
i applied for: Manchester, Leeds, Uclan, Bristol and Newcastle - so far only newcastle want an interview, Leeds, Mnc, Uclan all said i was unsuccessful :'(
Reply 13
Original post by Rennea
I’m applying with both my dental nursing diploma, and a HE access course. They have an interview breakdown on their website that I used to practice as well as general questions, when shortlisted for an interview they provide you with a little more resources to practice from. If you follow what they say, you should be well prepared, I would say just know the basic questions you may get for what you are applying to. I’m sure everyone’s interview is slightly different but, I hope that helped!

Im currently applying with 6 years in dentistry almost 2 qualified and on a access to HE course - feeling bit bummed out from my response so far, but did see a girl had applied for 3 years in a row without being successful :'(
Reply 14
Original post by Jwal9
hey!
i applied for: Manchester, Leeds, Uclan, Bristol and Newcastle - so far only newcastle want an interview, Leeds, Mnc, Uclan all said i was unsuccessful :'(

I’ve been told Newcastle is a very good university ! I know it’s not all the news you wanna hear, but all you need is one offer so congratulations on making it as far as you have 🦷 I wish you all the best going forward. It’s really difficult so many factors play a role as to if you get a place or not :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by Rennea
I’ve been told Newcastle is a very good university ! I know it’s not all the news you wanna hear, but all you need is one offer so congratulations on making it as far as you have 🦷 I wish you all the best going forward. It’s really difficult so many factors play a role as to if you get a place or not :frown:

I know, i feel really lucky for that!! It was one of my first choices, that and Leeds! I remain positive and thank you for your kind words! Have you had any more response? I hope the interview went well
Reply 16
Original post by Jwal9
I know, i feel really lucky for that!! It was one of my first choices, that and Leeds! I remain positive and thank you for your kind words! Have you had any more response? I hope the interview went well

Not yet, I’m trying to also stay positive but it’s very challenging. At the moment I’m taking no news as good news 🥲 I’m waiting to hear back from 4 of my options and plus my result of my interview. This is my third time applying myself, this time I have everything I need so if I don’t get it I think I’ll go travelling 😂 and try again later.
Original post by fayezza
Ive applied for UCLan, Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds! Haven't heard back yet. x
Hi @fayezza,

Great to hear that you have applied to study BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy here at UCLan. We understand that waiting to hear back about your application can be a worrying time, please be assured that our admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with an update.

If you have any questions about the course or life here at UCLan, I'd be happy to help. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by Rennea
Thank you so much ❤️ I just received an email from lsbu to say I was unsuccessful. It’s weird because I have done an access course and also a dental nurse for 2 years.

May I know apart from the dental nursing and access course have u done anything else? Have u completed ur access course?
Reply 19
I haven’t really done anything apart from some volunteer work. I’m currently still on my access course and I’m predicted all distinctions, I’ve been rejected from Portsmouth and Plymouth. I think universities just have a high influx of good applicants so it’s making it very hard. I’m worried about my other options now 🥲.

Where have you applied for and have you had any good news back?
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest