The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can a university reject you even before they receive you UKCAT and BMAT, even if you meet the other entry requirements?
Original post by Milky_Way
So will our fees change from the year that this takes place? Nottingham said that it wouldn't (at least for medicine) but what about other schools?

No it won't, those who start with certain fees will continue with the same fees (plus slight increase due to inflation)
Original post by helloitsmeq23
Can a university reject you even before they receive you UKCAT and BMAT, even if you meet the other entry requirements?

When do the universities start emailing you about rejections or interviews ?

no, and it depends when people get rejected, some unis reject people early on, others wait till march to reject you, likewise you can get an interview invite as late as march. You just have to be patient.
Original post by Mo_elheramy
no, and it depends when people get rejected, some unis reject people early on, others wait till march to reject you, likewise you can get an interview invite as late as march. You just have to be patient.

Even for international students? I read somewhere which said the unis usually sent out interview offers to internationals earlier but I don’t know if it’s true
Original post by penne pasta
Even for international students? I read somewhere which said the unis usually sent out interview offers to internationals earlier but I don’t know if it’s true

It does tend to be true but king's for example last year (I'm a gap year student) gave me an interview mid February for 28 March, and many internationals don't get rejected till march
Original post by Mo_elheramy
It does tend to be true but king's for example last year (I'm a gap year student) gave me an interview mid February for 28 March, and many internationals don't get rejected till march

Ugh I guess it’s gonna be a really long wait then :/
Original post by mkshyderabad
Has anyone applied to Aston? Have not received an acknowledgment from them.

My other 3 choices have confirmed receipt of my application.

Are you going to call Aston to ask them if they have received your application?
Are you going to call Aston to ask them if they have received your application?

Nah, early days yet, got to give them some more time. Hopefully they are not busy with a tsunami of applications😱, making it very competitive for us.

Think there is an Aston forum somewhere & a representative from the Uni is quite active.... will look for it and post a query there

Any other Aston Applicants out there???
Nah, early days yet, got to give them some more time. Hopefully they are not busy with a tsunami of applications😱, making it very competitive for us.

Think there is an Aston forum somewhere & a representative from the Uni is quite active.... will look for it and post a query there

Any other Aston Applicants out there???

Just made an Aston Medicine 2018 thread :smile:
Hey guys! I'm the guy who started this thread lol. So my final university choices were:

UCAS:

1. Birmingham
2. St. Georges
3. Nottingham
4. Manchester
5. Oxford (Biochem)

Direct applications to Medicine through my agency:

1. Brighton and Sussex
2. Sheffield
3. UCLan
4. Southampton
Original post by Jasir Alam
Hey guys! I'm the guy who started this thread lol. So my final university choices were:

UCAS:

1. Birmingham
2. St. Georges
3. Nottingham
4. Manchester
5. Oxford (Biochem)

1. Brighton and Sussex
2. Sheffield
3. UCLan
4. Southampton

so... does the direct applications include the personal statement and the same entry requirements?

or you can get some preference??
so... does the direct applications include the personal statement and the same entry requirements?

or you can get some preference??

Yes the entry requirements are all same. I don't think there are any preferences. It's just a normal application among other applications but its sent directly and not through UCAS. I honestly am not 100% sure, I might be preferred haha but I think it's highly unlikely as it's more likely to be a fairer decision.

UCAS:

1. Birmingham
2. St. Georges
3. Nottingham
4. Manchester
5. Oxford (Biochem)

1. Brighton and Sussex
2. Sheffield
3. UCLan
4. Southampton

How did you apply to 8 Medical schools??

UCAS:

1. Birmingham
2. St. Georges
3. Nottingham
4. Manchester
5. Oxford (Biochem)

1. Brighton and Sussex
2. Sheffield
3. UCLan
4. Southampton

WAIT WHATT!?!?!?!?! U can apply to 8 Unis? Which agency is that?
Original post by AspiringSword
WAIT WHATT!?!?!?!?! U can apply to 8 Unis? Which agency is that?

uclan is a direct application... bcos they are not HECFE funded

and

maybe its some agreement btwn the unis and the representatives.... could be that the uni gets international students for the less popular courses and their clients can get an application through for Medicine??? Or some other reason I can't imagine

hopefully the entry and selection criteria are not reduced 😡 (similar to what Malaysian n Singaporean nationals have with a university... i don't know if it was SGUL OR BARTS)
Let's update our application status as we move along. Any international student who has received an interview call? I applied to Bristol and Belfast (UKCAT) and UCL and Leeds (BMAT).
I have recived a condional offer from Kings (5th choice - Biomedical Science) 4 days after I submitted my UCAS application.
Original post by shalukat
Let's update our application status as we move along. Any international student who has received an interview call? I applied to Bristol and Belfast (UKCAT) and UCL and Leeds (BMAT).
I have recived a condional offer from Kings (5th choice - Biomedical Science) 4 days after I submitted my UCAS application.

Didn’t the universities just receive our UKCAT scores today??? I don’t think interview invites will be sent out so quickly unless they’re really efficient hahah

Hey what were your scores ?
Hey what were your scores ?

IGCSE's - 4 A* and 5A's
IB Predicted - 39/42 (HL: Bio -7/Chem-7 and Eng Lit - 6)
UKCAT: 2300 Band 2 HORRIBLE :-(
BMAT - 51, 5.6 & 3A
Sufficient work experience - 1 week dermatologist/2 weeks in a hospital across diff areas and 1 year in a NGO - once a week
(edited 6 years ago)
IGCSE's - 4 A* and 5A's
IB Predicted - 39/42 (HL: Bio -7/Chem-7 and Eng Lit - 6)
UKCAT: 2300 Band 2 HORRIBLE :-(
BMAT - gave the test today - it was MUCH better than UKCAT :-)
Sufficient work experience - 1 week dermatologist/2 weeks in a hospital across diff areas and 1 year in a NGO - once a week

What about your scores?

Oh wow I pretty much have the same as you :smile:

UKCAT: 2300
IB 41 Predicted
BMAT: I just did it today as well

Good luck on your application!

Latest

Trending

Trending