The Student Room Group

Can I be forced to take two GCSEs?

I want to drop r.e and music going into year 11 because I don't like either subject and missed a lot of school this year so I'm really behind. If I tell my school this, is there any way they can force me to keep them or is it completely my choice?
Reply 1
It depends on your school but they're unlikely to let you drop both. YOu need to make a good case not only for why you can't continue those subjects but also for what you would do in all those free lessons you'll get - no one gets to drop anything below Y12 where I am as there is no one to supervise them if they're not in a lesson..
Original post by luna99
I want to drop r.e and music going into year 11 because I don't like either subject and missed a lot of school this year so I'm really behind. If I tell my school this, is there any way they can force me to keep them or is it completely my choice?

Sometimes people can drop subjects but they normally have to sit at the back of lessons - or sometimes can join another class [I take people into my sixth form classes sometimes].

If you've missed a lot then I'd talk to your parents and get them on your side then get them to write in explaining why they want to request this. Try to show you've made an effort to catch up and you've thought about what you'll do in the [supervised] 'free time'.

Quick Reply

Latest