University of St Andrews

St. Andrews University - official applicants thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
For medicine^
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by o.0
Does anyone who has an interview tomorow know if theyre still happening? Because apparently puplic transport is all cancelled because of this storm ahhhhhhh ://// My dad can drive me there but im not sure if they will still be on?

The university is still open today, but if it's dangerous for you to travel give them a ring and tell them, I'm sure they'll understand.
I got the same thing, RHome/EU fee status for physics, but I haven't had a response yet. Im not EU but I lived in France for 6 years and have been in the UK for 5 years. Hoping I get an offer.
Original post by leoq8
Yea, I am a Scottish student

Im a EU Student and so far I don't know anyone thats heard back for management. Hopefully soon!

If you got an offer for management pls reply to this with details of: offer conditions, date of offer and whether you are international/scottish or from the EU

Thank you xx
Reply 984
Original post by Charlotte_20182
Im a EU Student and so far I don't know anyone thats heard back for management. Hopefully soon!

If you got an offer for management pls reply to this with details of: offer conditions, date of offer and whether you are international/scottish or from the EU

Thank you xx

Hey! Nice to see someone else applying for Management!

I received an unconditional offer on 14/02 and I am a Scottish applicant.

Best of luck!
Hello
I am an RUK applicant for Economics and Management. I have already sat my A-Levels. I took Maths, F Maths and Physics achieving A*AA. I sent my application on Jan 15th and I recieved my unconditional offer last week.

I was getting impatient waiting for a response so I called the admissions team and what they said was that they'll reply to you before March 31st (helpful, i know😂). I don't think that waiting longer for a response affects your chances of getting an offer, they probably have alot of applications to go through.
Original post by Benjamin118
Hello
I am an RUK applicant for Economics and Management. I have already sat my A-Levels. I took Maths, F Maths and Physics achieving A*AA. I sent my application on Jan 15th and I recieved my unconditional offer last week.

I was getting impatient waiting for a response so I called the admissions team and what they said was that they'll reply to you before March 31st (helpful, i know😂). I don't think that waiting longer for a response affects your chances of getting an offer, they probably have alot of applications to go through.

I'm a Scottish applicant who applied for economics and the waiting is killing me, especially when two of my friends just received unconditionals
Reply 987
Original post by o.0
Does anyone who has an interview tomorow know if theyre still happening? Because apparently puplic transport is all cancelled because of this storm ahhhhhhh ://// My dad can drive me there but im not sure if they will still be on?

I am currently studying at the university and they still had the area setup and manned today for interviews in the medicine building. However, I am really not sure if they will go ahead.They have cancelled many of the classes and some staff are not coming in on 1st of march due to the weather. Your best bet is call them in the morning to check if they are still doing interviews.
Original post by JPT555
I am currently studying at the university and they still had the area setup and manned today for interviews in the medicine building. However, I am really not sure if they will go ahead.They have cancelled many of the classes and some staff are not coming in on 1st of march due to the weather. Your best bet is call them in the morning to check if they are still doing interviews.

aren't they on strike anyway?
Original post by CollectiveSoul
aren't they on strike anyway?

There's the possibility that some staff could have been on strike yesterday, but today and tomorrow aren't strike days. Most stuff has been cancelled today though anyway.
Congrats on your offer and thank you for the info! Hopefully they reply before the 31st haha
Original post by Benjamin118
Hello

Congrats on your offer! I hope they reply soon, thank you for your help!
Original post by leoq8
Hey! Nice to see someone else applying for Management!

I received an unconditional offer on 14/02 and I am a Scottish applicant.

Best of luck!
Original post by aniboy10
Got an unconditional Philosophy (I've already achieved AAB in Maths, Computer Science, and Further Maths (A-level choice is a long story so I won't go there)) yesterday on UCAS; and I've not heard back from them by email, and their site still says "pending decision", does anybody know how long it takes for them to send the acceptance email?

I got my acceptance email the day after I got my offer and the portal will change as well but it takes a while.
Original post by aniboy10
Got an unconditional offer for Philosophy (I've already achieved AAB in Maths, Computer Science, and Further Maths (A-level choice is a long story so I won't go there)) yesterday on UCAS; I've not heard back from them by email, and their site still says "pending decision". Does anybody know how long it takes for them to send the acceptance email?

Can take a while - especially at the moment - but communication via UCAS is absolutely official.
My daughter also got unconditional for Philosophy via UCAS - based on her Highers - yesterday.
(edited 6 years ago)
Does anyone know how unis actually make decisions? Is it in batches that they send out offers or is it guaranteed that if someone’s got an offer and you haven’t that you’ll get rejected for sure? I know of a girl who got an offer on my course 2 weeks ago and I’ve got no reply so does that mean I’m going to get rejected?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by la_banane_verte
There's the possibility that some staff could have been on strike yesterday, but today and tomorrow aren't strike days. Most stuff has been cancelled today though anyway.

ah ok, thanks for that info....from speaking to people you know do you get the impression it's true 75% of students support the strike?!
Original post by CollectiveSoul
ah ok, thanks for that info....from speaking to people you know do you get the impression it's true 75% of students support the strike?!

I've seen a lot of students supporting the strike on facebook, and there was a rally on Weds in Church square which loads of students attended. Church square was basically full, despite the fact it was freezing cold and snowing.
Original post by LuCa2018
I got an unconditional for Edinburgh on Thursday 12:30 for History and Politics (weird as I was literally sat in FMQ's in Edinburgh at Parliament when I got it) - I'm a Scottish student still waiting for St A's (modern history and IR)

Hey I applied for the same course in St. Andrews congrats on your edinburgh offer. Good luck to us both, I'm an EU student, can you please post when you get your decision I'm curious to know when I'll get mine.
Did any EU student heard for IR?
does it mean u will get rejected if you still haven't got an offer at this stage? sooo worried.....
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending