The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2700
Brooklyn
what other spells had purple jets?

Well, it could have been a jinx, or simply a spell which has an effect on the body similar ti expelliarmus or something. We've probably only heard about very few spells when there are probably loads more.
Will there be a love triangle! I don't really think so; It's primarily a kids book, and I doubt J K Rowling will isk putting a storyline like that in.
Reply 2701
Egan1
No- he was basically knocked off his feet by the spell and fell backwards into the veil- the same way Lockheart (I think) was knocked off his feet and thrown backward by expelliamous- atleast I thought someone had.

no, that was a memory charm backfiring and plus in the DA when neville disarms harry when he is not looking, he doesn't fly off his feet.
Reply 2702
PadFoot90
no, that was a memory charm backfiring
I was thinking at the dueling club...hmmm...hang on...
Yes- just checked it- my memory was correct-

'Snape cried: 'Expelliarmus!' There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted of his feet: he flew backwards...'
Reply 2703
and lockhart says "yes a great spell to show the children but it would have been very easy for me to block"
Reply 2704
Golz
and lockhart says "yes a great spell to show the children but it would have been very easy for me to block"

right, and i think we are WAY underestimating Sirius if we doubt he can block it.
PadFoot90
right, and i think we are WAY underestimating Sirius if we doubt he can block it.

i agree: but sirius is dead
Reply 2706
PadFoot90

I didn't mean that it was expelliarmus- just used it as an example and went onto prove it could have had the same effect.
Reply 2707
It actually HAD to be Avada Kedavra because of the fear thing- remember that's how they found the Riddle Family? Perfectly health except they were dead, and each had a look of terror on his face? Probably because they hear that wooshing sound it makes coming towards them (Harry heard it later)- but maybe the FIRST one was Stupefy or something worse-

the veil has to be toward death or Luna's mother wouldn't be there- she didn't go through it she died in a potions accident- I think its just some sort of portal to the other realm- remember she uses myths alot (Fluffy is the description of the three headed dog thats supposed to guard the underworld in Greek Myths- I think his name is Cerebus or something)- well in Greek/Roman myths, living people can sometimes go to the underworld to try to get dead people out- usually they fail and end up dead too- I think the only one who succeeded wasn't supposed to look back but did at the last second and lost anyway- so Sirius is dead-

I just feel bad for Lupin- she said he looked so tired after Sirius died- he's got no one left but harry- maybe they have secondary godparents or something-
Reply 2708
Brooklyn
It actually HAD to be Avada Kedavra because of the fear thing- remember that's how they found the Riddle Family? Perfectly health except they were dead, and each had a look of terror on his face? Probably because they hear that wooshing sound it makes coming towards them

Yes but then he would have been instantly dead surely?!
Reply 2709
I think he was instantly dead- if he was dead he wouldn't be frozen to the spot- the weight of his body would tip him over backwards and through the veil
i think harry will wake up finding out it was all a dream

lol

that is i think
Reply 2711
lil_princess
i think harry will wake up finding out it was all a dream

lol

that is i think

*sigh* -Not even an original anti-Harry post...I distinctly remember Ickle_Katy saying the same some time ago...
Reply 2712
Egan1
*sigh* -Not even an original anti-Harry post...I distinctly remember Ickle_Katy saying the same some time ago...

haha exaclty same here
The spell Bellatrix used on Sirius is red, but when Voldemort uses Avada Kedavra on Harry in book 4 its green. Does that mean they aren't the same spell, or is colour irrelevant :confused:
Reply 2714
Egan1

Yup, that comment takes place in the 1st or something page.
I don't think that Sirius was shot with the killing spell, as J K Rowling would have described it properly then. Was the reaction on Sirius' first of surprise and then of shock or something.
Anyone can see the road that they walk on is paved in gold. It's always summer they'll never get cold, they'll never get hungry, they'll never get old and gray. You can see their shadows wandering off somewhere; they wont make it home but they really dont care. They wanted the highway, they're happy they're there today.

Their children woke up and they could find them; they left before the sun came up that day. They just drove off and left it all behind them. Where were they going without ever knowing the way?
Reply 2716
Unregistered
Anyone can see the road that they walk on is paved in gold. It's always summer they'll never get cold, they'll never get hungry, they'll never get old and gray. You can see their shadows wandering off somewhere; they wont make it home but they really dont care. They wanted the highway, they're happy they're there today.

Their children woke up and they could find them; they left before the sun came up that day. They just drove off and left it all behind them. Where were they going without ever knowing the way?

Er...nice poem?!
Unregistered

thats so deep :smile:
no im serious thats really good :biggrin:
Xenon
Yup, that comment takes place in the 1st or something page.
I don't think that Sirius was shot with the killing spell, as J K Rowling would have described it properly then. Was the reaction on Sirius' first of surprise and then of shock or something.

I think Sirius' mind was not in the battle when Bellatrix casted the spell, so he didn't know that the spell was coming so he got hit. and probably it's some kind of a stunning spell (petrifying, maybe? remember neville when he got petrified by Hermione? he was kind of shocked then he fell over...well, at least in the movie), so he wasn't able to keep himself from falling, and he just fell into the veil.
ladyblitzer
I think Sirius' mind was not in the battle when Bellatrix casted the spell, so he didn't know that the spell was coming so he got hit. and probably it's some kind of a stunning spell (petrifying, maybe? remember neville when he got petrified by Hermione? he was kind of shocked then he fell over...well, at least in the movie), so he wasn't able to keep himself from falling, and he just fell into the veil.

yeah its kind of sad really :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending