The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5080
moncal

Another thing, Flamel was an Alchemist... not a philosopher. :tongue:

True. (though I suppose he could have been both) But the 'philosopher's stone' has always been called as such, so as such it seems silly to rename the book. Though I'm not going to go over it again.

---

tessie
i agree, he leaves harry alone, but when harry REALLY needs him, like in the fight in the 5th book, he is there

Do you think their relationship will have changed for the forthcoming book?

And do you think we'll see more of Hermione's family? Or is that too separate?
Reply 5081
Egan1
True. (though I suppose he could have been both) But the 'philosopher's stone' has always been called as such, so as such it seems silly to rename the book. Though I'm not going to go over it again.

---

Do you think their relationship will have changed for the forthcoming book?

And do you think we'll see more of Hermione's family? Or is that too separate?

Hermione's family could possibly be suspects. She is easily the better of Harry and Ron in wizarding terms, and on Harry's side. Voldemort would do well to kidnap the parents, but not kill them. An angry Hermione has proved a dangerous foe for many in the past. Rita Skeeter ring any bells?
Reply 5082
I for one, would never want to tick off Hermy :smile: I dont know if he would even think to go after her parents- I say he goes after the Weasley's first- there is more between Ron and Harry's relationship Vold could exploit- look at all the times they get mad at each other- and VOld's gift is splitting people apart- hmm- I wonder if there is going to be more on other people he split apart...
Reply 5083
Brooklyn
I for one, would never want to tick off Hermy :smile: I dont know if he would even think to go after her parents- I say he goes after the Weasley's first- there is more between Ron and Harry's relationship Vold could exploit- look at all the times they get mad at each other- and VOld's gift is splitting people apart- hmm- I wonder if there is going to be more on other people he split apart...

I'm not sure about that, but on another topic. What about the Longbottom's and a possible miracle cure. With Voldemort's return to power, perhaps there could be something of them regaining their senses.
Reply 5084
In my mind Hermione is starting to look a lot like Hermes, the greek god of theivery, merchantry and messenger of the gods. Hermione always brings the bad news. She stole the ingredient need for the polyjuice potion, and she is certainly good at the trickery involved in being a merchant. :cool:
Reply 5085
oh, if this thought has been expressed in the last 250 pages than I am sorry but i don't have the time to read all of the pages and why should i when anyone who has a intelligent thought on this would surely love to repeat it.
Reply 5086
moncal
In my mind Hermione is starting to look a lot like Hermes, the greek god of theivery, merchantry and messenger of the gods. Hermione always brings the bad news. She stole the ingredient need for the polyjuice potion, and she is certainly good at the trickery involved in being a merchant. :cool:

i don't like all those theories about romalus and greek gods and stuff, if she did that it would not be original
Reply 5087
Sire
I'm not sure about that, but on another topic. What about the Longbottom's and a possible miracle cure. With Voldemort's return to power, perhaps there could be something of them regaining their senses.

neville's plant? it must play some role
Reply 5088
Poll: Who do u hate more?

A: Snape
B: Draco
C: Lucius
D: Volde
E: Bella
F: Crabbe
G: Goyal sp?
H: Umbridge
I: Other

I have to go with E of H
Reply 5089
No Way... Umbridge is the most delicious character to date.. even out shining Snape. When ever it talks about her toad like smile and all that, you cant help to smile yaself cos you can see how much she's enjoying be an absolute mole.
Dude
i don't think so. he is always saying that he is suppriced at his performance and that he has shown qualities that even fully trained wizards don't have.

probably that's the reason why he wouldn't help coz he thinks that he doesn't have the need... unless of course Harry's powers couldn't handle it or he really is in need of help. I'm sure Dumbledore has something to do with the sorting hat and the sword of gryffindor and fawkes ending up in the Chamber of Secrets, and also the book 5 incident.
PadFoot90

I have to go with E of H

Umbridge is annoying, but I hate Fudge!!!!!!!
Reply 5092
PadFoot90
i don't like all those theories about romalus and greek gods and stuff, if she did that it would not be original

I think its just JKR being quite clever with the way she chose the names and matching them to certain character traits, like Romulus and Remus were raised by wolves and lupin is latin for wolf (I think, its something very similar to lupin anyway). Anyone else think it was unfortunate to be named Remus Lupin (big wolf connection) and then get bitten by a werewolf, unlucky!
Reply 5093
PadFoot90

I have to go with E of H

In order:
E: Bella (for the longbottoms and the baby talk)
G: Goyle
Reply 5094
I'll have to go with hating Umbridge the most- cause she's so wicked she makes things harder for everyone else- Fudge is a pain but they pretty much ignore him- Umbridge manipulates everything to serve her own ends no matter what the cost- and she gets enough power to make life horrible at Hogwarts- erg- I had a professor like her once- he gave me a zero on a final paper (worth half my grade) because he disagreed with my theory- he said he just read the title and didn't even open it- and he waited until it was late enough that the time limit on me challenging the grade had passed- now THAT's Umbridge evil-
Reply 5095
ditzy blonde
I think its just JKR being quite clever with the way she chose the names and matching them to certain character traits, like Romulus and Remus were raised by wolves and lupin is latin for wolf (I think, its something very similar to lupin anyway). Anyone else think it was unfortunate to be named Remus Lupin (big wolf connection) and then get bitten by a werewolf, unlucky!

she has done that with loads of the characters. The caretaker Argus, is named after the Argus of Greek Myth, who's body was covered with eyes. Celver name for someone who is always watching the students for signs of trouble.
Reply 5096
PadFoot90
neville's plant? it must play some role

JK always puts something into the books for a reason. So there must be a reason why she said the Herbiology is nevilles best subject.
Reply 5097
Dude
JK always puts something into the books for a reason. So there must be a reason why she said the Herbiology is nevilles best subject.

I've just got a funny feeling that Neville will develop a special plant with a cure for his parents.
Reply 5098
Dude

And that plants gotta do something other than help Neville rememeber the password it'd be really pointless otherwise
Reply 5099
When does HP 6 come out?

Latest

Trending

Trending