The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6420
Dude
By the way guys i know that we are all HP fans in here, but here is some LOTR news that might surprice you. The third film is being relised 3 months early. It's coming out on May 25th.
Yosh! Are they also going to forward the release of the extended DVD do you know? I would have thought that would make sense- they normally release it about 6 months (?) after the basic version comes out so I would have thought they'd change to make it fit aswell? Heh, we end up getting both anyway but I'm just curious.
[sorry for topic distraction]

Brooklyn
Egan- I read your long post- I just agree with everything so didn't have any comments! :smile:

Fair enough. Just wondering as no one commented :smile:

Brooklyn
Kneazle:......
The Kneazle has an uncanny ability to detect unsavoury characters and can be relied upon to guide its owner safely home if they are lost.

They can be interbreed with cats but you need a licence for ownership.

Yep. As discussed previously, fits well with Crookshanks, Mrs Norris and Mrs Fig (who must have a license for ownership). -Actually, that's a point- Hermione doesn't have a 'license' but then, I suppose they may not know/the shop keeper didn't/the shop keeper cut corners.
Reply 6421
I'm thinking he is only PART Kneazle cause he doesn't have spotted fur and I get the impression looks ALOT like a cat- but same thing with Mr. Tibbles and Mrs. Norris- there was a thing in fantastic beats about how Kneazles can have up to 8 in a litter- maybe they are all from the same litter??
Reply 6422
Egan1
Yosh! Are they also going to forward the release of the extended DVD do you know? I would have thought that would make sense- they normally release it about 6 months (?) after the basic version comes out so I would have thought they'd change to make it fit aswell? Heh, we end up getting both anyway but I'm just curious.
[sorry for topic distraction]

Yep. As discussed previously, fits well with Crookshanks, Mrs Norris and Mrs Fig (who must have a license for ownership). -Actually, that's a point- Hermione doesn't have a 'license' but then, I suppose they may not know/the shop keeper didn't/the shop keeper cut corners.

I think that the Extented version is still gonig to be relised in November.

Fantastic Beasts says you need a lincene to breed them, not to own them.
Reply 6423
Dude
I think that the Extented version is still gonig to be relised in November.

Fantastic Beasts says you need a lincene to breed them, not to own them.

Ah yes, sorry, misread as you have to have a license for a half-kneazle.

Brooklyn
I'm thinking he is only PART Kneazle cause he doesn't have spotted fur and I get the impression looks ALOT like a cat- but same thing with Mr. Tibbles and Mrs. Norris- there was a thing in fantastic beats about how Kneazles can have up to 8 in a litter- maybe they are all from the same litter??
Damn, I thought I'd replied to this- though got the server message. Basically said I agree, in a bit more detail.
Reply 6424
Brooklyn
Egan- I read your long post- I just agree with everything so didn't have any comments! :smile:

Yeah, I commented on your long message, but forgot to say that I agreed with them as well.
Reply 6425
pal_sch
I'm fairly certain that she stole all of them from mythology and other stories. Some are fairly obscure, but most are based on older stories.

stole? I think she used them very well, and made them all well known.
Reply 6426
Dude
no she didn't. In all the interveiws where someone has asked a question on Crookshanks, she has just said "Read Fantastic Beasts".

By the way guys i know that we are all HP fans in here, but here is some LOTR news that might surprice you. The third film is being relised 3 months early. It's coming out on May 25th.

u mean on DVD? Excellent, i like LOTR just as much :eek:
Reply 6427
I have a question that we talked about a little b4, but i was wondering if anyone has a new opinion on. Ok, we know that moody was an imposter right? So why did he teach harry the imperius curse until harry could throw it off when it could have been very useful to volde?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 700!!! :biggrin:
Reply 6428
thats a good point. really cant think of a reason why he would do it though. strange
Reply 6429
PadFoot90
I have a question that we talked about a little b4, but i was wondering if anyone has a new opinion on. Ok, we know that moody was an imposter right? So why did he teach harry the imperius curse until harry could throw it off when it could have been very useful to volde?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 700!!! :biggrin:

maybe he wanted to try and convince Dumbledore that he was the real Moody.
Reply 6430
Dude
maybe he wanted to try and convince Dumbledore that he was the real Moody.

Yeah, he did an incredibly good job of impersonating him, and Dumbledore had asked Moody (thinking he was the really one) to teach the students the Unforgivable Curses, so being seen not to do this would have arroused suspicion, and Dumbledore seems to have eyes everywhere, I think he would've known if Moody wasn't doing his job.
Reply 6431
See I just don't buy that Dumbledore would have approved him killing those spiders- although I'm sure he approved teaching them what they WERE- and I DEFINATELY don't think he approved putting it on students- maybe he was testing Potter so he would be able to tell Voldie what Harry could do before Voldie tried anything (only to find Harry could throw it off) other than that, I dont know! Maybe a mistake? Something that will come up later?
Reply 6432
Brooklyn
See I just don't buy that Dumbledore would have approved him killing those spiders- although I'm sure he approved teaching them what they WERE- and I DEFINATELY don't think he approved putting it on students- maybe he was testing Potter so he would be able to tell Voldie what Harry could do before Voldie tried anything (only to find Harry could throw it off) other than that, I dont know! Maybe a mistake? Something that will come up later?

I think Dumbledore knows EVERYTHING that goes on at Hogwarts though, I don't think much gets past him, and appart from anything else, the students were going round talking about the lesson, saying all the things they'd done. It'd get back to him somehow.
Reply 6433
look at my new hermione avatar!
yeah i agree with padfoot i bet he was trying it on harry so he could report back to voldemort that harry could throw it off...and dumbledore would just think it was Moody being normal Moody because that does seem like the type of thing that he'd do.

hey ditzy blonde its my leeds open day tomorrow i am very excited!
Reply 6434
poowpoow
look at my new hermione avatar!
yeah i agree with padfoot i bet he was trying it on harry so he could report back to voldemort that harry could throw it off...and dumbledore would just think it was Moody being normal Moody because that does seem like the type of thing that he'd do.

hey ditzy blonde its my leeds open day tomorrow i am very excited!

glad you agree. Thats the only thing i can think of, other then it being a mistake, which i doubt. Anyone think aragog will return in later books, along with the weasly's car?
Reply 6435
PadFoot90
glad you agree. Thats the only thing i can think of, other then it being a mistake, which i doubt. Anyone think aragog will return in later books, along with the weasly's car?

well JK did say in that interveiw that Hagrids brother will return, so that means they have to go into the Forbeaten Forest. So there is a chance we might run into them again. Along with Fluffy.
Dude
well JK did say in that interveiw that Hagrids brother will return, so that means they have to go into the Forbeaten Forest. So there is a chance we might run into them again. Along with Fluffy.

Its forbidden and not forbeaten...that gets me thinking though, you know how the forbidden forest is always out of bounds because there are dangerous animals in there...What dangerous animals apart from a few overgrown spiders - have they actually encountered. Im sure that there is something that maybe hidden in there...It'll be cool to see the weasleys car back again..lmao
Reply 6437
Shaft
Its forbidden and not forbeaten...that gets me thinking though, you know how the forbidden forest is always out of bounds because there are dangerous animals in there...What dangerous animals apart from a few overgrown spiders - have they actually encountered. Im sure that there is something that maybe hidden in there...It'll be cool to see the weasleys car back again..lmao

centuars
PadFoot90
centuars

Yeh, but they weren't dangerous until they banashied Firenze...and how did Dumbledore get Umbridge back unscathed? Normally that would not have surprised me, but Rowling seemed keen to make a big deal out of it
Reply 6439
Shaft
Yeh, but they weren't dangerous until they banashied Firenze...and how did Dumbledore get Umbridge back unscathed? Normally that would not have surprised me, but Rowling seemed keen to make a big deal out of it

my guess is they sort of have an infinate respect for him, and have to do what he says

Latest

Trending

Trending