The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7180
Sire
Harry Potter is still going strong. Keep up the good work.

Hey, long time no post, nice to see your still popping in occasionally. If you ask Xenon nicely there may still be some Butterbeer left from the party last week!:smile:
Reply 7181
Sire

Hi Sire. Welcome back!
You missed the party for the 1000 votes on the poll!
But here's some butterbeer left over! *Hands over a couple of bottles*
Reply 7182
I can't remember, did we have the thread below merged with this thread?

http://www.uk-learning.net/t8538-2.html
Reply 7183
Xenon
I can't remember, did we have the thread below merged with this thread?

http://www.uk-learning.net/t8538-2.html
I don't think so, none of that sounds at all familiar and I read the whole thread before I registered (granted it was onl about 30 pages back then, but at least I made the effort) I could be wrong though.:smile:

EDIT: Have just realised I actually posted on that thread so I must have read it at some point. Scrap my opinion on the matter, I'm obviously talking rubbish!
Reply 7184
ditzy blonde
I don't think so, none of that sounds at all familiar and I read the whole thread before I registered (granted it was onl about 30 pages back then, but at least I made the effort) I could be wrong though.:smile:

Well, the link's on here now, sodunno if there's any point in merging it. I wonder why it was started, beacuse it was started a few weeks after this thread. :confused:
Reply 7185
ditzy blonde

EDIT: Have just realised I actually posted on that thread so I must have read it at some point. Scrap my opinion on the matter, I'm obviously talking rubbish!

Don't worry, I couldn't remember having posted on it either, but I did.
Whoops, just realised that I posted a link to the 2nd page of the thread. I posted on the 1st page!
Reply 7186
Xenon
Well, the link's on here now, sodunno if there's any point in merging it. I wonder why it was started, beacuse it was started a few weeks after this thread. :confused:

Hmmm, very confusing. Have just done a bit of detective work and I'm 98% certain they weren't merged. If it was merged would the posts go in the right places chronologically?
Reply 7187
ditzy blonde
Hmmm, very confusing. Have just done a bit of detective work and I'm 98% certain they weren't merged. If it was merged would the posts go in the right places chronologically?

I'm not sure. Could be or could be that they were merged in after the last post, and therefore the time it was posted on the main thread would be after the last post. Dunno if that makes sense.
ditzy blonde

Yeh i don't think they were merged, im not sure, but on the link you put up xenon, ginny was spelt gini, so I typed that into the search thread tool thingy at the top...and it didn't come up with any matches...Im not entirely sure how the search works, but I don't think the two threads merged
Reply 7189
Xenon

There had been a thread people were talking on and it was said we should have one to discuss spoilers from the new book, so I started one at request, but it appears you'd done a different one a few hours before (rather than a few weeks) - although yours was, at the time, asking whether Harry would die, rather than being a thread about general discussion. This one then merged into a all-round topic-er so the one I'd made fell out of use. It was never merged, as with a few other threads on the subject which also preceeded this one.

Arg, my spelling/grammar/postiness was so bad *hangs head*.

Shaft
ginny was spelt gini,
Yes, yes I know! *cringes* Appologies for my past laziness.
Reply 7190
Egan1
There had been a thread people were talking on and it was said we should have one to discuss spoilers from the new book, so I started one at request, but it appears you'd done a different one a few hours before (rather than a few weeks) - although yours was, at the time, asking whether Harry would die, rather than being a thread about general discussion. This one then merged into a all-round topic-er so the one I'd made fell out of use. It was never merged, as with a few other threads on the subject which also preceeded this one.

Mystery solved. I wonder why this was the thread which took off. :confused: Oh whoops, my mistake about the timing of the threads.
Reply 7191
Sire

YAY sire!! woo hoo please come back :tongue:

I ahve a question: You know when harry found out filch was a squib, he was trying to learn that quickspell stuff. I forget how that worked, it cant be real magic because i thought they could not do ANY magic, or was it just very little?
Reply 7192
I shall make my 2000 post where i made my first, on page 13. hmmm more then 10 months ago. Oh the memories :smile:
What is guarding azkaban now that the dementors have left? :confused: Arours(sp?)
Reply 7193
I think they can learn to do magic, but i'm not sure how being a squib works. :smile:
Reply 7194
PadFoot90
I shall make my 2000 post where i made my first, on page 13. hmmm more then 10 months ago. Oh the memories :smile:
What is guarding azkaban now that the dementors have left? :confused: Arours(sp?)

Well done PadFoot. I think I'll try to get my 3500th post on here too.
Reply 7195
I think J.K is writing herself a few plot holes, like the whole Azkaban thing. :smile:
Reply 7196
I bet that some new creature will be invented by jkr to guard the prison. Although if the theory about the books being related to history is true then Azkaban would be based on Alcatraz and this must be the end of it of Azkaban.
Reply 7197
moncal
I bet that some new creature will be invented by jkr to guard the prison. Although if the theory about the books being related to history is true then Azkaban would be based on Alcatraz and this must be the end of it of Azkaban.

Thats a distinct posibility. :smile: But then again where would they keep Lucius and chums. :rolleyes:
Reply 7198
maybe they could hire the centuars to look over azkaban :tongue:
Reply 7199
ditzy blonde
I think there was a site that went through all the meanings of the names and Ron's was some chinese emporor who was killed by a yellow rat.

Do you think that might mean something as Ron was trying to turn his rat yellow, who later turned out to be Pettigrew.

Latest

Trending

Trending