TheWolf
15/07 i think.

:eek:

OK. Does dumbledore die in it or something? :confused:
Reply 11721
Bilal786
:eek:

OK. Does dumbledore die in it or something? :confused:

We dunno, it's sort of a rumour, which could be true, if the person who said it was part of the process of publishing the book.
Reply 11722
So he just ruined it for everyone then? =/

Let's get him: :ridinghor :battle: :damnmate:
Bilal786
So he just ruined it for everyone then? =/

Let's get him: :ridinghor :battle: :damnmate:

I was gonna say, ruining all our hard work trying to tell everybody withuot telling them :rolleyes:.
Reply 11724
Only a little over a month left...
A month of exams :frown:
Reply 11726
^^ But think of the reward at the end of it :smile:
Dude
^^ But think of the reward at the end of it :smile:

Oh yes - I need to go to Leeds that morning. :smile:
Reply 11728
Right not sur eif anyone thought of this. Could Dumbeldore be the half blood prince. All the covers from the books show a scene and it has him and Harry on it. We know nothing of Dumbeldors past so it could be a bit possible. Just a thought
Reply 11729
I haven't been on this thread for years I feel like I have aboned you I'm so, so sorry, you devoted harry potter fans can you ever forgive me?

I am like so miffed that my graduation ball is on the same day the book comes out!
Reply 11730
lirael
Right not sur eif anyone thought of this. Could Dumbeldore be the half blood prince. All the covers from the books show a scene and it has him and Harry on it. We know nothing of Dumbeldors past so it could be a bit possible. Just a thought

The half blood prince (according to mugglenet) is that character that she put a description of on her site a while ago. But I don't remember anyone confirming it.
If she didn't say it was herself then it's not definite. I thought it might be Dumbledore too. As Lirael said, we don't know anything about Dumbledore's parentage so it's possible he's 'half-blood', although his brother's a wizard too which would suggest they are pure blood....hmm. Maybe it is someone knew, perhaps the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher? I reckon this one will be a good-guy, but will leave at the end of the year nevertheless, possibly beacuse she/he dies...leaving the path open for Snape to finally get the job. Actually, i think it would be quite good if Snape got it in the sixth book as Harry seems to be enjoying his DAtDA too much lol.
Reply 11732
Xenon
You know, I reckon that Megan deserves to have a lot more posts than she has, because her posts are usually two to three times the size of everyone else's. :smile:

Heh, if I did a word count on all my posts on here it'd probably be quite extreme :smile: My forum post count has gone down to 3.79 posts per day at the moment- I think, considering I've been here for 2 years (almost) now, looking at the 'newbie' post counts it's quite extreme to have posted so little.

I expect I shall be back to participate during my lovely long summer holiday *yearns*.

I came home feeling miserable today after a bad maths exam and was thoroughly tempted to find sanctuary in Harry Potter (number 5), but went to bed instead. Should really be revising for English right now but nevermind :P

Anyway, just read back a few pages. I'd missed the whole media thing about the books leaks. Despite non-name mentioning I think it was quite easy to gather your insinuations about which character would die. Hmmm, interesting. It's a shame if the workers did leak it. Must be quite an interesting job though, when there's so much tension and excitement surrounding the books. I've actually been wondering a lot recently about how many people work on the editing/proof reading etc staff that get to read the book. It's quite amazing that more stuff doesn't leak considering.

I'm liking the new spoiler tags. They shall indeed come in handy for post-read discussion. Not too long now, I'm sure someone will be making a counter soon enough! :smile:

sherunsaway
My opinion, Dumbledore will be killed by Voldemort, Harry will then kill Voldemort, and then Harry will become headmaster.

While the first part is very possibly going to be true, I highly doubt that Harry will become Headmaster. I think that'd be odd and not in the style of the books at all. He's not an experienced teacher (while he might be good at teaching DADA) and I'm sure Minerva will be the one to take up the post.

BlackHawk
christ didn't you people read goosebumps as a kid? Or any of those Fear Street books?

Afraid not. I was already lulled into the world of fantasy with Dianna Wynne Jone's books *loves them*.

lirael

I don't know, I wouldn't really like to think of Dumbledore as prince, for some reason it seems to lessen his achievements *shrugs*. It would also mean that his brother would be a prince as well, which would be...odd. Thinking about them though, does make you wonder about their upbringing. I'd like to know what Dumbledore's family were like.

Mrs Rickman
Actually, i think it would be quite good if Snape got it in the sixth book as Harry seems to be enjoying his DAtDA too much lol.

You'd deprive him of the one subject he actually really enjoys/is good at? Cruel! :smile:
Reply 11733
YEH!!! Another long Egan post. God its been so long since we've had one of those.
Reply 11734
Dude
YEH!!! Another long Egan post. God its been so long since we've had one of those.

*grins* Medium sized this time...I only read back a few pages :smile:
Reply 11735
Egan1
*grins* Medium sized this time...I only read back a few pages :smile:

But still. It aint the same without you Megan :smile:
Reply 11736
FAQ has been updated on JK's site, but it isn't really anything interesting.

The current one winning is "How do members of the order communicate with each other?" and she has already been answered in the books :mad: . Stupid kids, why don't they ever read the books properly?
Reply 11737
We should call the Ultimate Discussion a Harry Potter society so we can all get a HP icon in our postbit.
She is making too much money and needs to kill him off!
Moncal
We should call the Ultimate Discussion a Harry Potter society so we can all get a HP icon in our postbit.

Ooh good idea - we need a picture though.

Latest

Trending

Trending