The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
SiriusFan
Man i am trying to get us on page 58

YEAH!!! ok now i will stop.
Reply 1161
I think it'll be interesting to see what happens with Percy...will he repair his relationship with family and how will be be towards Harry?! I think it might well depend on Fudges attitude towards Harry and Dumbledore...

And what will happen with Umbridge?

Oh and has Cho left now? I think she must have- because I was sure she was in 3rd year when they were in 1st...but then I can't remember any mention of her having been leaving...gone without saying goodbye?!
Reply 1162
The names of books VI and VII hve been leaked, do a search for them, they are easy to find out now.
Lord Huntroyde
The names of books VI and VII hve been leaked, do a search for them, they are easy to find out now.

the telrgraph had them in yesterday- they've not been officially announced, they've just been registered under copyright- but it is by a newly created company so it could be totally unconnected to JKR. Apparently there were similar cases with the earlier books, i wouldn't put it past JKR and her publishers to throw in red herrings about the names (it wouldn't be an unusual thing for her to do- we know she likes us to keep guessing).

lou xxx
Reply 1164
Lord Huntroyde
I doubt that very much! Who and how would they have been leaked- are you sure it's not just more fan 'rumours' etc...? JK doesn't seem one to let details about her following books slip out...
I did a google search as a check- and nothing very convinsing came up- only a lot of speculation and guesses...

Warner brothers apparently licensed some titles a few years ago- but stated they were not titles of the coming books...?

Blah

Egan

P.S- came across these sites when having a quick look- not anything amazing but this one has got some facts etc and interview things http://www.hp-lexicon.org/book_6-7.html and this one http://www.theorderofthephoenix.net/book-7.htm which is sort of facts and guesses etc...including this one which I doubt will happen -
'Fred and George will be captured by Voldemort and and he tells Harry that he wil only spare one of their lives (for a reasons unknown) as soon as Harry chooses George to die... Georges body becomes a new item that will help Harry kill Voldemort.' -I doubt Harry would be prepared to make that choice- surely he'd kill himself first!?!
I found the telegraph article from yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F09%2F04%2Fnpott04.xml&secureRefresh=true&_requestid=14757

i don't know if the link will work (it required users to login before access) so i may as well copy it...

Harry Potter and the mysterious book titles
By Becky Barrow
(Filed: 04/09/2003)

For Harry Potter fans, revelations about the possible titles of the next two books are nearly as exciting as sightings of the evil Lord Voldemort.

No sooner had fans consumed every word of J K Rowling's latest tale - the 766-page door-stopper Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - than they were busying themselves with speculation about the next instalment of wizardry.

For the truly committed, this obsession has taken them to searching the new applications files at the Patent Office.

An application has been made by Seabottom Productions, a company with two employees and no known line of business, to obtain the trademark of two possible book titles, Harry Potter and the Mudblood Revolt and Harry Potter and the Quest of the Centaur.

The company, which does not appear to have a telephone number, was incorporated just three days before the application was made in July.

To encourage intense speculation among Potter fans, the address of Seabottom Productions is the same central London address as the law firm whose name appears on the trademark registration for all the existing Harry Potter titles.

One of Field Fisher Waterhouse's clients is Warner Bros, the American film company which made the Potter films. A spokesman for the law firm refused to comment yesterday.

But a spokesman for Bloomsbury Publishing, the company behind Potter-mania, insisted yesterday that the trademark applications are not significant, pointing out that similar speculation accompanied the previous books.

The name of the next book, she said, remains a secret. Its publication date has not been set although Miss Rowling has revealed that she has started work on the sixth instalment.

One website, Mugglenet, devotes a whole page to possible titles for the sixth and seventh books. They include Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch and Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat.
Reply 1166
Cheers for that...but as I suspected- it doesn't sound as if they're the new titles- just more guesses and speculation etc...
Don't know if it was on mugglenet but I came across those Pyrimid and Torch titles...
There was one site with lots of unlikely (many doubtless mock) suggestions including 'Harry Potter and It's SO Unfair!'

I think it's just a case of wait and see...

How long before 5 came out did we know the title?
Egan1
How long before 5 came out did we know the title?

A couple of months at the most I think...can't really remember. Was it book 4 that we didn't know the title of until it was actually published? or have i just imagined that?

I'm not convinced by the story of the titles either...anyone could have done it + there's no link to JKR.

lou xxx
Reply 1168
lou p
A couple of months at the most I think...can't really remember. Was it book 4 that we didn't know the title of until it was actually published? or have i just imagined that?

I'm not convinced by the story of the titles either...anyone could have done it + there's no link to JKR.

lou xxx

those titles are a bit odd but thanks for the site..i got some other links to pretty cool sites ...i got stung by a bee in my finger today and got swollen and huge so i have to type very clowly to make sure no mistakes

CR
Reply 1169
CR3
those titles are a bit odd but thanks for the site..i got some other links to pretty cool sites ...i got stung by a bee in my finger today and got swollen and huge so i have to type very clowly to make sure no mistakes

CR

These title suggestions do seem alot more reliable then a lot of others that have been mentioned, although its highly likely that they are just red herrings to keep us guessing. I think we know the title for OotP ages ago, I seem to remember searching for book 5 not long after book 4 came out and findingsites with the title on. I think she needs to tell us the title so we can start making some more educated guesses.
Reply 1170
ditzy blonde
These title suggestions do seem alot more reliable then a lot of others that have been mentioned, although its highly likely that they are just red herrings to keep us guessing. I think we know the title for OotP ages ago, I seem to remember searching for book 5 not long after book 4 came out and findingsites with the title on. I think she needs to tell us the title so we can start making some more educated guesses.

yes book 5's title came out very early

CR
Reply 1171
lou p
I found the telegraph article from yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F09%2F04%2Fnpott04.xml&secureRefresh=true&_requestid=14757

i don't know if the link will work (it required users to login before access) so i may as well copy it...

Harry Potter and the mysterious book titles
By Becky Barrow
(Filed: 04/09/2003)

For Harry Potter fans, revelations about the possible titles of the next two books are nearly as exciting as sightings of the evil Lord Voldemort.

No sooner had fans consumed every word of J K Rowling's latest tale - the 766-page door-stopper Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - than they were busying themselves with speculation about the next instalment of wizardry.

For the truly committed, this obsession has taken them to searching the new applications files at the Patent Office.

An application has been made by Seabottom Productions, a company with two employees and no known line of business, to obtain the trademark of two possible book titles, Harry Potter and the Mudblood Revolt and Harry Potter and the Quest of the Centaur.

The company, which does not appear to have a telephone number, was incorporated just three days before the application was made in July.

To encourage intense speculation among Potter fans, the address of Seabottom Productions is the same central London address as the law firm whose name appears on the trademark registration for all the existing Harry Potter titles.

One of Field Fisher Waterhouse's clients is Warner Bros, the American film company which made the Potter films. A spokesman for the law firm refused to comment yesterday.

But a spokesman for Bloomsbury Publishing, the company behind Potter-mania, insisted yesterday that the trademark applications are not significant, pointing out that similar speculation accompanied the previous books.

The name of the next book, she said, remains a secret. Its publication date has not been set although Miss Rowling has revealed that she has started work on the sixth instalment.

One website, Mugglenet, devotes a whole page to possible titles for the sixth and seventh books. They include Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch and Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat.

Hmmmmm....... those titles are intreging, but i saw no solid evidence to prove it and it said "possible" book titles. I admit i was hoping that was them, but the bottem two sound better to me.
Reply 1172
I think we'll just have to wait and see with the titles...

---

Back to the actual books...

In book five Moody shows Harry a picture of the previous Order of the pheonix- lots of them had died- and he says one of them was never found- might be worth noting the name -could be nothing but also could be a future character...?

Damn...just forgotten whatever it was I was about to say (distracted by bizarre tribal-dancers in a game my brother is playing !)...

Blah
Reply 1173
SiriusFan
Sorry that we me.... Let's see..... Xenon should be back soon.... i hope....

ummm I hope we will see more of charlie and bill but not percy!

speaking of xenon..when did she leave..wasn't it only a week she was going to be gone

CR
Reply 1174
CR3
speaking of xenon..when did she leave..wasn't it only a week she was going to be gone

CR

yes it was only a week, but i dont no when she left.
Reply 1175
Egan1
I think we'll just have to wait and see with the titles...

---

Back to the actual books...

In book five Moody shows Harry a picture of the previous Order of the pheonix- lots of them had died- and he says one of them was never found- might be worth noting the name -could be nothing but also could be a future character...?

Damn...just forgotten whatever it was I was about to say (distracted by bizarre tribal-dancers in a game my brother is playing !)...

Blah

Good thought, gonna go re-read that chapter again now!

On another point, how often was the quidditch wolrd cup held? I seem to think in the back of my mind that its every three years, but I've just had a quick look and can't find anywhere that says. My thought was that if its every three years we'll be due another one in book 7. Maybe Harry could play?
Hey back to the Snapbe being a vampire thing, I was just wondering could this be the reason dumbledore doesen't let him accept the defence against the dark arts position?
Reply 1177
ditzy blonde

On another point, how often was the quidditch wolrd cup held? I seem to think in the back of my mind that its every three years, but I've just had a quick look and can't find anywhere that says. My thought was that if its every three years we'll be due another one in book 7. Maybe Harry could play?

If it was every 3 would we not have heard about it during book 1? I thought it was every 4 though not 100% sure.
Reply 1178
loftx
If it was every 3 would we not have heard about it during book 1? I thought it was every 4 though not 100% sure.

But wouldn't it have happened at the very start of book 1, before Harry knew anything about quidditch, and it wasn't in England coz England hadn't hosted it for 30 years, so the hogwarts students probably wouldn't have had tickets.
Reply 1179
ditzy blonde
But wouldn't it have happened at the very start of book 1, before Harry knew anything about quidditch, and it wasn't in England coz England hadn't hosted it for 30 years, so the hogwarts students probably wouldn't have had tickets.

They probably would have talked about it though - Lots of the boys Harrys dorm are interested in quidditch, so you would think he would still hear about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending