The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 12820
kikzen
it does seem like a lot.. she seems to think it will be smaller than ootp too.. who knows eh!?

we'll just have to wait TWO WHOLE YEARS (maybe more) to find out :smile:

two years???? OMG.. i cant even wait for just 1 year. And to think of, how many books jk is planing to make
Reply 12821
nasht
two years???? OMG.. i cant even wait for just 1 year. And to think of, how many books jk is planing to make

what do you mean how many shes planning to make, there is only 1 more, she is only writing 7!!
Reply 12822
hedwig
what do you mean how many shes planning to make, there is only 1 more, she is only writing 7!!

yup, 7's her limit, although im sure she said in an interview not too long ago that she may write a book aimed at adults after the HP series has finished.
Reply 12823
But it won't be anything to do with Harry Potter.

I doubt we'll be waiting 2 years, I think it'll be less, she's already done the ending to no 7 so she has something to work towards.
Reply 12824
Well harry isnt going bak to school is he? Unless Im going mad, im sure he says so at the end of the book.

As for the horcrux things, Ginny is too young, she wasnt alive when Voldemort 'died' and when has he had the chance since then. Plus it wud be a really really stupid idea to make her one. Same goes for harry. Voldemort is bent on killing harry. He wouldnt want to desroy part of his own soul he is trying to keep them safe.

I havnt read the whole thread so someone may have theorised on this alrady but im pretty sure Dumbledore isnt dead. It was all a plan so that dumbledore cud act behind the scenes and snape becomes fully trusted. Dumbledore knew all about malfoy and cud easily hav stopped him on that tower but instead he prevent harry from interefering as this wud ruin the plan. Even without his wand he holds harry still and prevents him from doing anything he could easily take malfoy or of course harry could have. Just my thoughts..........criticise at your leisure
Mars
Well harry isnt going bak to school is he? Unless Im going mad, im sure he says so at the end of the book.

As for the horcrux things, Ginny is too young, she wasnt alive when Voldemort 'died' and when has he had the chance since then. Plus it wud be a really really stupid idea to make her one. Same goes for harry. Voldemort is bent on killing harry. He wouldnt want to desroy part of his own soul he is trying to keep them safe.

I havnt read the whole thread so someone may have theorised on this alrady but im pretty sure Dumbledore isnt dead. It was all a plan so that dumbledore cud act behind the scenes and snape becomes fully trusted. Dumbledore knew all about malfoy and cud easily hav stopped him on that tower but instead he prevent harry from interefering as this wud ruin the plan. Even without his wand he holds harry still and prevents him from doing anything he could easily take malfoy or of course harry could have. Just my thoughts..........criticise at your leisure

Ok here goes...lol

Dumbledore I believe is dead. All the clues in HBP pointed towards his death right from the start. His hand, Professor Slughorn saying he should retire, his reactions were starting to slow down, Teaching Harry everything he knew about Voldie's upbringing and immortal creation.

Dumbledore, I believe knew his death was coming. Either because Snape told him about the Unbreakable Vow or Dumbledore and Snape plotted the whole thing, the vow and the death.

Dumbledore taught Harry eveything about Voldie and he will still be able to help via the protrait of himself in the Head's office so it was actually a wise decision to die then. If he died earlier, Harry wouldn't have the knowledge he does now. If he lived, then Snape's cover would have been blown and the Order would be unable to continue its work.

Its like Star Wars. Obi-wan let himself be killed by Vader because he knew he would be able to still help Luke and would not be able to be killed.

Wow, how many influences can you think of here?

Star Wars - already explained
Matrix - "The One" (Neo) and "The Chosen One" (Harry)
Matrix again - With the prophesy about "The One" (Matrix) and the "Chosen One" (Harry)
Matrix (again!) - Two men and One woman team (Neo, Morph, Trianity - Harry, Ron, Hermione)
LOTR - Kretcher / Golum (maybe?)

I'm sure there are more than that if you think about it.
now tht's sum sort of detail you leaked out...Tell me how many pages r in this book?
Well Ive recently signed up to these forums to discuss the new book :cool: but I dont know if this has been mentioned or not, how is Harry supposed to Kill Voldemort if he can't even do anything against Snape? He is going to have to learn a lot more advanced magic than what he knows now, and then find all the Horcruxes by himself? Or do you think he will tell someone in the Order about his mission? Reply back
Well also will this mysterious R.A.B person help Harry on his quest to kill Voldemort, he obviously knows about his Horcruxes so who could this character be? I have so many questions and no answers..
isn't that Regulus Black (sirius's brother) ....maybe his middle name begins with a A! :biggrin:
I think Dumbledore is dead because JKR said it had been planned to come for a while. However, I don't think Harry will go on completely on his own because the other 6 books so far have centered around Harry at Hogwarts with Ron and Hermione, so if Harry was to just go off on his own, out of Hogwarts, then it would be so much different from the rest of the series - I think Ron and Hermione are almost as important as Harry - it wouldn't be the same without them.

As for the whole Snape thing, maybe he did kill Dumbledore reluctantly because of the Unbreakable Vow he made. However, why would he have made this vow in the first place if he really was on the 'good side'. Also, if he truly was good then he would have considered breaking the unbreakable vow and dieing as a result - but saving Dumbledore - a better wizard. I'm not saying he would necessarily have died for Dumbledore but he would have at least been slightly hesistant before killing Dumbledore!

That's just what i think anyway!
Yes, but this still leaves the question of how Harry is supposed to kill Voldemort, do you think hes going to learn a lot more powerful magic in the 7th book? I hope that he meets this R.A.B character, learns a lot more powerful magic, destroys all the Horcruxes and then kills Voldemort, but that might not be the case. I mean it would be kind of stupid if Harry went and fought Voldemort right now, because he couldn't even do anything against Snape when he was chasing him, so obviously he's going to have to learn a lot more powerful magic to take on Voldemort... Right?
I've just read the recent JKR interview on theleakycauldron, and I didn't know that the Slytherin common room was under the lake. I knew it was a dungeon/basement, but does it say in the books that it is under the lake, and I've missed it?
Reply 12833
SaccerZD
I've just read the recent JKR interview on theleakycauldron, and I didn't know that the Slytherin common room was under the lake. I knew it was a dungeon/basement, but does it say in the books that it is under the lake, and I've missed it?

I don't think it does. I reckon its one of those things that she knows but never mentioned in the books.
when asked if RAB was Regulus Black, she said 'that's a very good guess/answer'.

It is probably 97% likely that RAB is Black, and Harry won't meet him - he's dead.
SaccerZD
when asked if RAB was Regulus Black, she said 'that's a very good guess/answer'.

It is probably 97% likely that RAB is Black, and Harry won't meet him - he's dead.

Or so we are led to believe...
Reply 12836
MissSurfer
However, why would he have made this vow in the first place if he really was on the 'good side'.

See my earlier post regarding "Snape in love with Narcissa" theory. If you read Spinner's End it certainly suggests it - and look closely at the end of the chapter - he shows some hesitation when taking the vow.

I think the ending of Harry Potter will be far more complex than an issue of good/bad sides. Remember it doesn't have the same idealism/simplistic nature as, say, Narnia Chronicles do. Harry's idealism is shattered throughout - Snape and Narcissa in any case are not presented as entirely evil, they are quite human despite being Death Eaters.

I still think Harry has a lot to learn - not just in terms of powerful magic, but also human experience/understanding of humanity. He needs to appreciate all people have good and bad in them. (dad wasn't perfect, prejudice against Snape, Sirius *may* have a shady past (speculation), even Dumbledore can make mistakes?). Also perhaps he needs to gain a bit more respect for authority, however flawed he may think it is (McGonagall, Scrimgeour in Book 6 - will have to work with them if he's to get anywhere really).

If I was Rowling, and here I am just theorising - in Book 7 I would show how Harry's personal growth and development had an impact on his wizarding skill. Interestingly, Hermione is the best in the year - and I would consider her to be the most mature. Cracking the Unspeakable Spells probably have something to do with this? And in the final showdown - if it ever exists, I would show how Harry's appreciation and identification with humanity, his personal experience, gives him the upper hand over Voldemort. Voldie is very much an "abstract" enemy who doesn't really seem to understand human psychology. I think JKR's ethos through the whole series of books is an emphasis on this - your choices, your love for others and your ability to give people the benefit of the doubt keeps you human (whether you are an unpleasant Snape or a crusading Harry). I was reading an article in yesterdays Sunday Times News Review, where she says "I wouldn't say HP was entirely secular". Not to say she's religious or this is a religious parable - but a lot of what Dumbledore espouses reminds me of the New Testament.
Reply 12837
Have you guys read the Leakey Cauldren/Mugglenet interveiw with JK. She certainally tells us loads in it.
Anyone notice the marked similarity between the cave at the end of HP6 and Gollum's cave? The door to it, which needs blood to reveal it, is very similar to the entrance of the mines of Moria. The Inferi floating beneath the surface of the water are *identical* to the bodies in the marshes that Gollum leads Frodo and Sam through.

Sorry if it's been pointed out before! :redface:
jakayaki
isn't that Regulus Black (sirius's brother) ....maybe his middle name begins with a A! :biggrin:

can't be. got a strong reason. know why? cuz then kreacher won't have obeyed harry if regulus was alive. there is am magical bond bw the houseelf and the family for which it works, i think. he'd have gone to regulus then.

Latest

Trending

Trending