The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Hoping to understand conditional offers

I have my heart set on Keel university and it will be my first choice. There is something I'd like clarification on though. The entry requirements for my course are BBC. With no preference to any particular subjects. I'm currently doing 3 sciences at a levels but I'm going into accounting, I was wondering if due to the fact that I'm doing all sciences my offer will have lower requirements than if I picked a subject that was a non-science?

If for example an offer was BBB or something, would that be lowered due to the fact that I'm doing generally agreed harder a levels? I also come from a deprived area and will be the first person in my family to attend a university so will that also be taken into consideration or not? Sorry for all these questions xD. Thanks!
Original post by MrStealYoGrill
I have my heart set on Keel university and it will be my first choice. There is something I'd like clarification on though. The entry requirements for my course are BBC. With no preference to any particular subjects. I'm currently doing 3 sciences at a levels but I'm going into accounting, I was wondering if due to the fact that I'm doing all sciences my offer will have lower requirements than if I picked a subject that was a non-science?

If for example an offer was BBB or something, would that be lowered due to the fact that I'm doing generally agreed harder a levels? I also come from a deprived area and will be the first person in my family to attend a university so will that also be taken into consideration or not? Sorry for all these questions xD. Thanks!

It's possible that your offer may be lowered depending on your previous grades and overall performance in your subjects, however this isn't guaranteed and it would be best to aim to achieve/exceed BBC to secure your offer. Also, I don't think that being the first person in your family to go to university would have an effect on your offer. I'm sorry I can't be much more specific than that :redface:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Leviathan1741
It's possible that your offer may be lowered depending on your previous grades and overall performance in your subjects, however this isn't guaranteed and it would be best to aim to achieve/exceed BBC to secure your offer. Also, I don't think that being the first person in your family to go to university would have an effect on your offer. I'm sorry I can't be much more specific than that :redface:

I see thanks a lot :smile: I've also seen your other posts on other threads and they've been helpful too. One last question, If i was offered BBB but I get ABC which would be the same ucas points would there be a problem in that?
I see thanks a lot :smile: I've also seen your other posts on other threads and they've been helpful too. One last question, If i was offered BBB but I get ABC which would be the same ucas points would there be a problem in that?

Keele may be lenient about that, I think it generally depends on how popular the course is and whether there are spaces for students who don't meet the requirements. Some of my friends at Keele got in with lower grades than the requirements, so it's not always a problem. Plus, Accounting and Finance at Keele is in clearing this year along with many of their other courses, so I think there's a good chance you'd still get in :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Keele may be lenient about that, I think it generally depends on how popular the course is and whether there are spaces for students who don't meet the requirements. Some of my friends at Keele got in with lower grades than the requirements, so it's not always a problem. Plus, Accounting and Finance at Keele is in clearing this year along with many of their other courses, so I think there's a good chance you'd still get in :smile:

Thanks that's cleared everything up :smile: I'm going into year 13 now, so I'll be applying for accounting by the end of the year. Have an awesome day
Thanks that's cleared everything up :smile: I'm going into year 13 now, so I'll be applying for accounting by the end of the year. Have an awesome day

Thanks, you too! Glad I could help :h:
Hi!

I can see that you've had some information already on this from another user.

If we can be of any further assistance, our Admissions department would be delighted to help and give you some more information. Their details can be found here: https://www.keele.ac.uk/contactus/

Hope this helps!

Georgina
Outreach Team

Quick Reply

Latest