The Student Room Group

Sixth Form waiting list

I received a conditional offer for a sixth form and enrolled and was placed on a waiting list. I understand that it is because students with grades above mine were prioritised first. How long does it generally take to be hypothetically accepted in my situation ?
Reply 1
until somebody leaves that school probably however a lot of the times students get offers but dont even end up going to the school and they don't notify the school either so when its the first day they will realise that the student dont want to enter the sixth form.So you're likely able to get a place on the first day of skl but thats only if ur the first on the waiting list.If not then ur going to wait until somebody leaves so that there will be an extra place for you so just in case that doesnt happen have a back-up place in a different sixth form
Reply 2
Did you meet the conditional offer and get the grades in the offer?
Reply 3
Original post by sellos
until somebody leaves that school probably however a lot of the times students get offers but dont even end up going to the school and they don't notify the school either so when its the first day they will realise that the student dont want to enter the sixth form.So you're likely able to get a place on the first day of skl but thats only if ur the first on the waiting list.If not then ur going to wait until somebody leaves so that there will be an extra place for you so just in case that doesnt happen have a back-up place in a different sixth form

Thank you! I really don’t want to go to the school I’m currently supposed to go to so hopefully things work out.
Reply 4
Original post by VickyV
Did you meet the conditional offer and get the grades in the offer?

Yes I did, but I think others got higher grades than mine, prioritising them? But yes I did meet the grades required.
Reply 5
I think there is some movement in 1st couple weeks as people move around so fingers crossed you get a place soon
Reply 6
Original post by VickyV
I think there is some movement in 1st couple weeks as people move around so fingers crossed you get a place soon

Yup thank you! The waiting list closes on Friday 8th so I’m just really hoping
Reply 7
Original post by celesixe
Yup thank you! The waiting list closes on Friday 8th so I’m just really hoping

Same situation here,the waiting list closes on Friday 8th so I really hope somebody leaves the skl*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending