The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

does loughborough G400 require a practical endorsement pass for physics?

so i currently do maths physics and computer science and for the practical endorsement part of physics, is it required for me to pass it to be allowed into the course or no? thanks
Original post by jake102:)
so i currently do maths physics and computer science and for the practical endorsement part of physics, is it required for me to pass it to be allowed into the course or no? thanks

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/entry-requirements/ under A-levels:

"A level Science Practical Endorsement (for those studying in England)

We believe that practical skills in science are important to aid understanding of the relevant subjects. While we do not widely include the passing of the practical skills element in the conditions of an offer, it is our expectation that this element will be successfully completed. Where the practical skills element is required as part of an offer, this is stated in the typical offers listed for the course."

Emphasis mine.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/entry-requirements/ under A-levels:
"A level Science Practical Endorsement (for those studying in England)

We believe that practical skills in science are important to aid understanding of the relevant subjects. While we do not widely include the passing of the practical skills element in the conditions of an offer, it is our expectation that this element will be successfully completed. Where the practical skills element is required as part of an offer, this is stated in the typical offers listed for the course."
Emphasis mine.
I am delighted to inform you that Loughborough University has made you a conditional offer on the following course for entry in September 2024.
BSc Computer Science (G400) - Duration 3 Years
Conditions of offer The conditions of the offer are as follows and you will find confirmation of this on UCAS:
GCE ADVANCED LEVEL GRADES AAB TO INCLUDE MATHEMATICS THIS IS A CONTEXTUAL OFFER

The deadline for satisfying the offer conditions is 4 September 2024. It is important that you notify us immediately of any changes to the qualifications/subjects you are studying as this may affect your offer of a place. so for this would i not be required to pass it ?
I am delighted to inform you that Loughborough University has made you a conditional offer on the following course for entry in September 2024.
Conditions of offer The conditions of the offer are as follows and you will find confirmation of this on UCAS:

The deadline for satisfying the offer conditions is 4 September 2024. It is important that you notify us immediately of any changes to the qualifications/subjects you are studying as this may affect your offer of a place. so for this would i not be required to pass it ?

The offer doesn't specify it so presumably not. But if you're an offer holder uncertain about the conditions of your offer it would probably best to check with the uni directly to clarify :smile:

Hi @jake102 [s]smile[/s]

Congratulations on your offer :smile:

If you have any questions regarding your offer I would recommend contacting our admissions team for clarification as I wouldn't want to give you the wrong information. The email is: [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending